Crystal Ball: Top Prospects for 2016 NFL Draft

I can't believe OJ Howard's stats were so bad. He looks like he could be the next great TE.

CB, think for a moment of the stars that Howard had to share reps with:

Henry

Ridley

Drake

Yeldon

Lacey

Cooper

The list goes on. They had too many stars to make Howard the feature offensive player. And as we know, Saban likes to run. He dropped a few passes during the season as well.

He is a hard player to predict even for me, whereas I have seen all of his games. He might be a terrific TE. My guess is that it will take a little time.

Jmo.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mikerodak

Mike Rodak Retweeted ESPN Insider

Mel Kiper projects a D-Lineman who played in CFB title game to the Bills at No. 19

@ESPNInsider

It's here! @MelKiperESPN debuts his Mock Draft 1.0. Here's the full first round: http://es.pn/1Sk8aA7

CYr5W3AWwAAvAyX.jpg

@JaySkurski

BN Blitz: ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. weighs in on how the #Bills should go about rebuilding their defense http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/01/14/mel-kiper-weighs-in-on-how-the-bills-should-go-about-rebuilding-their-defense/

For most NFL teams, the 2015 season is complete and attention is now turned to the NFL Draft. And the first step of "draft season" is the all-star circuit, including the 91st East-West Shrine Game, which kicks off this week in St. Petersburg, Florida.

For most NFL teams, the 2015 season is complete and attention is now turned to the NFL Draft. And the first step of "draft season" is the all-star circuit, including the 91st East-West Shrine Game, which kicks off this week in St. Petersburg, Florida.

@NFL_CFB

.@Shrine_Game practice begins today Game's 10 most intriguing prospects (via @chad_reuter): http://bit.ly/1SYFcVy

CZAshsTWYAMlLWg.jpg

After a year reprieve, NFL Draft declarations by underclassmen are up once again. It's disastrous for the players and not helping college football either.

The potential marriage of Chip Kelly and Colin Kaepernick in San Francisco could resurrect the careers for both sides. But if San Francisco moves on from the talented, but streaky quarterback, Memphis' Paxton Lynch would be a logical option in the top-10.

I don't get why fans want to jettison Mario Williams just to draft another DE. Kyle Williams has been a GREAT player and Bill, but with his injury history he should be who they'd want to replace and save some money.

I don't think people want to. I think they've just made peace with the reality that Mario doesn't want to play in this system and they're paying him too much for that.

I don't get why fans want to jettison Mario Williams just to draft another DE. Kyle Williams has been a GREAT player and Bill, but with his injury history he should be who they'd want to replace and save some money.

because drafting a DE to replace him will be cheaper, younger, and more productive in this scheme. Mario is aging, expensive, and not producing not to mention his poor attitude and lack of leadership. There are reasons to replace him with a drafted player. It isn't like they are jettisoning a guy like Glenn just to draft a LT (at least I hope not).

because drafting a DE to replace him will be cheaper, younger, and more productive in this scheme. Mario is aging, expensive, and not producing not to mention his poor attitude and lack of leadership. There are reasons to replace him with a drafted player. It isn't like they are jettisoning a guy like Glenn just to draft a LT (at least I hope not).

Yeah. It's not like they'd be fixing what isn't broken. The Mario situation is clearly broken, unless he has a magical change of attitude, or Rex runs a different scheme. No matter what happened in the past, this is where we are now and they have to deal with it.

With our cap situation I hate to eat 7 mil in cap space next year if there is a chance he can have a bounce back year. If we offer an extension to get that cap hit way down then maybe we can concentrate on other positions in the draft and really take a run at next year and let him go then we our cap becomes a little more manageable.

Cardale in this offense... Omg.... He's not the fastest guy but he is enormous and hard to bring down as a runner. Throwing 80 yard bombs to Sammy...

when Devin Smith was drafted by the Jets the joke was he's the only WR in the draft who will have a worse QB in the pros than he had in college.

Taylor is hard to bring down and throws bombs to Sammy. I believe we have more pressing needs in the first round.

Taylor is hard to bring down and throws bombs to Sammy. I believe we have more pressing needs in the first round.

that post you responded to was from over 10 months ago. It was two months prior to camp. We hadn't seen Taylor's season and we hadn't seen Cardale's season. While I would still advocate taking a QB in the first round if he was BPA on their board, it wouldn't be Cardale. That said, I would take him as a value pick later. Edited by YoloinOhio

Jeremiah's mock draft 1.0: Cowboys take QB at No. 4

Daniel Jeremiah foresees the Titans strengthening their defense with the top pick in his first forecast for the draft. He also has three QBs going in Round 1, including two within the first four picks.

Pick No. 19
BUF.png
Jarran Reed DT, Alabama
@NFL_CFB

#Titans GM says team will listen to any and all offers for No. 1 overall pick --> http://bit.ly/1nfJ4Gb

#NFLDraft
CZCBJGtVAAAP7un.jpg

With our cap situation I hate to eat 7 mil in cap space next year if there is a chance he can have a bounce back year. If we offer an extension to get that cap hit way down then maybe we can concentrate on other positions in the draft and really take a run at next year and let him go then we our cap becomes a little more manageable.

i would have wanted that to happen a few months ago. But it takes two sides to want an extension, and I'm not sure either side would be interested at this point.