Crystal Ball: Top Prospects for 2016 NFL Draft

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You really see a low ceiling with Bosa?!? He has been dominant his entire career while constantly facing double and triple teams. He is good against the run and was a 5 star recruit. The talent with Bosa isn't the question at all. He could easily be a 12-15 sack guy that is great against the run. He may be an idiot but he is a high floor, high ceiling guy which is why he'll go at or near the top.

I see him like Clowney........didn't continually get better..........and frankly, did not produce this season. What did he have 4-5 sacks? Also not a fan of Miami area kids who don't know where to go to school.

I see him like Clowney........didn't continually get better..........and frankly, did not produce this season. What did he have 4-5 sacks? Also not a fan of Miami area kids who don't know where to go to school.

check the sacks of Sam Hubbard, Tyquan Lewis and Adolphus Washington who were freed up by the triple team applied to Bosa. Guessing you didn't watch him so I'll give you a pass on not knowing that or watching his filthy play inside and outside, he got better this year than he was last year from a technical standpoint. It is why scouts are so high on him - he's not only a freak athletically but highly coach able, a student of the game, and a very unselfish player.

No idea about the Miami comment but FYI his uncle played at OSU and his mom went there as well. His brother is coming in as a freshman next season. There a lot of Florida players here, nothing new.

check the sacks of Sam Hubbard, Tyquan Lewis and Adolphus Washington who were freed up by the triple team applied to Bosa. Guessing you didn't watch him so I'll give you a pass on not knowing that or watching his filthy play inside and outside, he got better this year than he was last year from a technical standpoint. It is why scouts are so high on him - he's not only a freak athletically but highly coach able, a student of the game, and a very unselfish player.

No idea about the Miami comment but FYI his uncle played at OSU and his mom went there as well. His brother is coming in as a freshman next season. There a lot of Florida players here, nothing new.

it would be pretty sweet to have him though. Although I don't think 2 gap would maximize his talents

it would be pretty sweet to have him though. Although I don't think 2 gap would maximize his talents

i still vote for Noah spence as a similar option at our draft slot. Top 15 guy who might drop for off field. Can play the 5 technique in a 3-4 as well. Explosive and powerful, very motivated after his college career took a turn -- everything Mario isn't anymore. Edited by YoloinOhio

First of all, how is he only giving the Bills a 8-8 record when the exam got better everywhere? Secondly, didn't Washington just pick up the option on RG3? Why would they take a QB 1st overall? And last but not least, how in the hell is the Dolphins so much better than the Bills and Jets? ESPN has some high grade over there

I had to bump this.

Between the Jets and the Bills, I thought one team would be 10-6 and the other 8-8, only I had which team was which backwards and I may have been off by one game

probabably would have to go DE with Dareus in the middle. Honestly we don't need a guy like him with the players we have on the line and other needs at Safety, LB, OT and WR

if they add a NT, could he replace Kyle at some point? Dareus - NT-Kyle/PSU99 (that's what a called him when I watched him this year) and Hughes at OLB? Edited by YoloinOhio

i still vote for Noah spence as a similar option at our draft slot. Top 15 guy who might drop for off field. Can play the 5 technique in a 3-4 as well. Explosive and powerful, very motivated after his college career took a turn -- everything Mario isn't anymore.

Have no idea about him since I didn't really see him play. At 6'3" 261 he seem too small for end probably better off at OLB

if they add a NT, could he replace Kyle at some point? Dareus - NT-Kyle/PSU99 (that's what a called him when I watched him this year) and Hughes at OLB?

yes BUT NO ONE CAN EVER REPLACE KYLE I WONT STAND FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you want to get a nose and put Dareus and Johnson at End? That's a lot of picks for the line that I think we really need elsewhere.

Can't blame him for that but he really hasn't done much to be a top QB in the draft. I was a big fan of his freshman yr but he really regressed under Franklin. He has the Talent maybe get him in the third or 4rth and see how it goes. There are so many Quality QBs latter in this draft that if we don't get one Whaley should be fired.

Have no idea about him since I didn't really see him play. At 6'3" 261 he seem too small for end probably better off at OLB

yes BUT NO ONE CAN EVER REPLACE KYLE I WONT STAND FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you want to get a nose and put Dareus and Johnson at End? That's a lot of picks for the line that I think we really need elsewhere.

it was just a thought. I think the NT will come from FA, not the draft. I'd expect them to draft a pass rusher though.

I watch plenty of college football and I think he's maxed out physically and will not be an elite pro DE.

He's like Clowney in the regard that the team with the first pick in this draft is basically obligated to select him even though he hasn't improved at the rate one would anticipate.

As for what the rest of the Ohio State DL did.........this isn't the NFL.......Ohio State played a lot of thoroughly overmatched opponents even WITHIN conference........so playing it up that his sacks went to other players is a bit funny.

In truth the Ohio State team in general was on cruise control this season.......no excuse for them not getting back to the playoff.

Bosa not getting to the QB is a red flag.

I watch plenty of college football and I think he's maxed out physically and will not be an elite pro DE.

He's like Clowney in the regard that the team with the first pick in this draft is basically obligated to select him even though he hasn't improved at the rate one would anticipate.

As for what the rest of the Ohio State DL did.........this isn't the NFL.......Ohio State played a lot of thoroughly overmatched opponents even WITHIN conference........so playing it up that his sacks went to other players is a bit funny.

In truth the Ohio State team in general was on cruise control this season.......no excuse for them not getting back to the playoff.

I remember thinking why didn't teams care more about Clowney only getting 3 sacks his last year in college.

College stats are overrated but it is a bit concerning if you don't put up decent numbers. It's like Blaine Gabbert throwing like 20 tds in a spear and being a top 10 pick. Very rarely are your numbers going to go up in the pros.

I've seen every game that he played in college and thought that he continually improved. That's the sentiment around the scouting community as well. He is a technician with a world of talent. Clowney went first because he is an absolute freak (YouTube his high school highlights). The only red flag with Bosa is character (was suspended for the opener). Word is that he likes the weed. The only DL that I think is even close to him is Robert Nkemdiche and he screams character red flag.

Clowney was a low floor, high ceiling guy because he constantly took plays off in his last year at South Carolina. Bosa's tape from this year has been his best. The pressure has been there and the play against the run great. In addition, he ate up double and triple teams constantly. Don't let the numbers fool you, Khalil Mack got a ton of pressure and attention last year with minimal sacks. Bosa has been great this year.

If you are looking for an OSU guy that is overrated at the moment in terms of draft status it is Taylor Decker for me.