Crystal Ball: Top Prospects for 2016 NFL Draft

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This can't be real life.

If you take him in the first, you are more than likely mortgaging your job on his success.

He's not completely responsible for his regression but to pretend that it's 100% on Franklin is a bit fanciful. The tape says UDFA, my heart says take him Day 3 and try to salvage him.

If you take him in the first, you are more than likely mortgaging your job on his success.

He's not completely responsible for his regression but to pretend that it's 100% on Franklin is a bit fanciful. The tape says UDFA, my heart says take him Day 3 and try to salvage him.

yep - you can give him all the excuses in the book (and they are reasons) but his film still should not be that bad. He has all the tools.... Yada yada yada

yep - you can give him all the excuses in the book (and they are reasons) but his film still should not be that bad. He has all the tools.... Yada yada yada

My favourite tweet on this debate - https://twitter.com/Dan_Hatman/status/683337715786596353

If you don't already, you really should follow Dan Hatman. Former NFL scout, director of The Scouting Academy.

The hype surrounding this kid is incredible. I'm sure Terry would be thrilled with him based on hype and the Penn State connection. On paper he's fantastic but he's s bit erratic I think. Edited by Bangarang

My favourite tweet on this debate - https://twitter.com/Dan_Hatman/status/683337715786596353

If you don't already, you really should follow Dan Hatman. Former NFL scout, director of The Scouting Academy.

its true, and I know that "NFL traits" are weighted more heavily than college production. However they need to be careful not to overvalue one or the other. Overvaluing production leads to guys like Manziel and Tebow in the first round. Overvaluing traits leads to a guy like Hack in the first round. Or... EJ in the first :( Edited by YoloinOhio

The hype surrounding this kid is incredible. I'm sure Terry would be thrilled with him based on hype and the Penn State connection. On paper he's fantastic but he's s bit erratic I think.

To a certain degree, I think he's the victim of the hype and circumstances not created by him. He's very clearly not as good as people said but he was supposedly "the next Andrew Luck" before he took a college snap.

I'm sure he's a really good kid and he hasn't deserved being built up and knocked down by the same people that put him on said pedestal. I hope he turns it around but watching his sophomore games was heartbreaking. He looked broken.

To a certain degree, I think he's the victim of the hype and circumstances not created by him. He's very clearly not as good as people said but he was supposedly "the next Andrew Luck" before he took a college snap.

I'm sure he's a really good kid and he hasn't deserved being built up and knocked down by the same people that put him on said pedestal. I hope he turns it around but watching his sophomore games was heartbreaking. He looked broken.

even worse, the offense looked better after he went out.

its true, and I know that "NFL traits" are weighted more heavily than college production. However they need to be careful not to overvalue one or the other. Overvaluing production leads to guys like Manziel and Tebow in the first round. Overvaluing traits leads to a guy like Hack in the first round. Or... EJ in the first :(

My major problem is you need your coach and GM on the same page. If you are going to draft a qb in the 1st, you have to be committed to them. Say what you want to about EJ but the Bills murdered his development. It's what losing teams do.

So if a qb gets picked high this year, I hope for their sake, they go to a team that actually has a plan. As sad as it is, Jacksonville and Oakland did a much better job developing Qbs than we did.

You really see a low ceiling with Bosa?!? He has been dominant his entire career while constantly facing double and triple teams. He is good against the run and was a 5 star recruit. The talent with Bosa isn't the question at all. He could easily be a 12-15 sack guy that is great against the run. He may be an idiot but he is a high floor, high ceiling guy which is why he'll go at or near the top.

Bosa will be a monster. There's nothing not to like.

A talented, but inconsistent offensive tackle prospect, Ifedi has first round feet, but he is sloppy from the waist up and has been a model of inconsistency, making him a tough player to project to the NFL.

@NFL_CFB

Notre Dame RB C.J. Prosise reveals intentions for 2016 #NFLDraft --> http://bit.ly/1JlYSAo

CXvk4icUsAEapqk.jpg