Crystal Ball: Top Prospects for 2016 NFL Draft

I've seen every game that he played in college and thought that he continually improved. That's the sentiment around the scouting community as well. He is a technician with a world of talent. Clowney went first because he is an absolute freak (YouTube his high school highlights). The only red flag with Bosa is character (was suspended for the opener). Word is that he likes the weed. The only DL that I think is even close to him is Robert Nkemdiche and he screams character red flag.

Clowney was a low floor, high ceiling guy because he constantly took plays off in his last year at South Carolina. Bosa's tape from this year has been his best. The pressure has been there and the play against the run great. In addition, he ate up double and triple teams constantly. Don't let the numbers fool you, Khalil Mack got a ton of pressure and attention last year with minimal sacks. Bosa has been great this year.

If you are looking for an OSU guy that is overrated at the moment in terms of draft status it is Taylor Decker for me.

I wasn't comparing ceilings in bringing up Clowney..........rather that I don't think Bosa played like a #1 overall prospect this season........but the team that has the #1 pick may feel obligated to select him because he's been a "future #1 overall" since his after freshman year at Ohio State.

In that regard the hype has been high longer on him than Clowney.

Clowney was considered by many to be the top HS prospect......but Sammy Watkins was actually the top draft prospect in Clowney's class after their respective freshman seasons.

I'll put it to you this way.......I see his ceiling as Ray Childress-like when you want ability like Bruce Smith with the #1 overall pick.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for your valuable input :thumbsup:

@SIpetethamel

Breaking: Glenn Gronkowski (Rob's bro) will forgo his final season at Kansas State and declare for the NFL Draft, his father tells @SInow.

As a FB it's not like draft stock will improve. Does he figure he might as well get paid to get beat up?

Taking a look at Bronson Kaufusi today. Seems like a decent 5-tech candidate with his sheer size and length.

Can't find a date of birth but 2 year Mormon mission to Auckland and 4 years of football. Common sense suggests he'll turn 25 during his rookie year. Could be a steal, 4 years on a late round contract.

Taking a look at Bronson Kaufusi today. Seems like a decent 5-tech candidate with his sheer size and length.

Can't find a date of birth but 2 year Mormon mission to Auckland and 4 years of football. Common sense suggests he'll turn 25 during his rookie year. Could be a steal, 4 years on a late round contract.

he's got talent for sure but he would have to add a lot of weight to play 34DE, I see him more like a OLB like Suggs

looks like Michigan will be taking over the BIG 10

he's got talent for sure but he would have to add a lot of weight to play 34DE, I see him more like a OLB like Suggs

Yeah, became quickly apparent that he would be wasted 2-gapping. Love his effort, ridiculous length, got some pass rush moves, not overly flexible.

With the age thing, probably a mid round type. Really curious what his true height/weight is at the Combine, listings are all over the place.

I would rather have the Arkansas QB (Allen) than Connor Cook. And Cardale seems to be a child in a man's body. I hope neither one is on our roster next year. A lot of good D-linemen this year. I hope we go DL or OL in round 1 before the talented big men are gone. Or Ragland if he lasts. Just my 2 cents

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

Why? Or unless you love turnovers and sacks.

Based on his attributes and less on his overall performance. He played in a garbage offense at penn state with a garbage coordinator, line, and receivers. He made some boneheaded plays, but his ceiling is high. Certainly not a plug and play guy, but I like him learning behind Tyrod and seeing if he can develop into an nfl qb. There are no sure things in this draft, and he looks like a project with potential imo.

As the Browns begin a new regime (again), the top priority for whoever is hired as general manager and head coach is to find a quarterback to groom and develop for the future.

19. Buffalo Bills: A'Shawn Robinson, DL, Alabama
The vaunted Buffalo defense looked mediocre at times this season with many claiming that Rex Ryan's “scheme” was the issue. Robinson is a player who transcends scheme and would give Ryan a player who can play anywhere on the defensive line.