Crystal Ball: Top Prospects for 2016 NFL Draft

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the Bills should go BPA in 1st regardless of position.

Never been a big believer in the "regardless of position" idea. You go BPA but you have to narrow it down a little. They can't afford to go BPA if the top guy is a RB for instance. For the most part they can go BPA, but I'd eliminate DL and RB. If Rex wants a two gap scheme then forget drafting DL high. They can find space eaters later in the draft, even good nose tackles.

Never been a big believer in the "regardless of position" idea. You go BPA but you have to narrow it down a little. They can't afford to go BPA if the top guy is a RB for instance. For the most part they can go BPA, but I'd eliminate DL and RB. If Rex wants a two gap scheme then forget drafting DL high. They can find space eaters later in the draft, even good nose tackles.

its BPA according to their draft board, not the generic big board of draft analysts. Each team's looks different and factors in things you mention - it is very scheme specific.

What I meant is that if the Bills top need is a MLB for example and the best player on their board when they pick is a WR, they shouldn't go with their next highest-rated MLB.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Drafting a receiver high would be an awful mistake. Woods is a perfect #2 wr. Taylor doesn't go through progressions enough. So to waste another high pick on a silly player would be silly IMO.

LT is a stud though.

Yeah, WR isn't a HUGE need but it's a need nonetheless. Treadwell is the only WR I'm close to considering in the 1st.

If Tyrod is going to succeed, he needs the Dalton treatment. Surround him with weapons.

We are loaded with weapons as it is. Multiple 1st and 2nd round skill players and a high price TE. I'd argue that we have some of the best weapons in the entire NFL.

We are basically a one read passing game. If Woods was with a more typical pocket passer, he would flourish.

Yeah, WR isn't a HUGE need but it's a need nonetheless. Treadwell is the only WR I'm close to considering in the 1st.

If Tyrod is going to succeed, he needs the Dalton treatment. Surround him with weapons.

Seems like we already have enough trouble getting Watkins the ball. Another stud WR would be nice but I don't see him getting the ball enough to make it a good investment in the 1st round. Edited by Bangarang

Seems like we already have enough trouble getting Watkins the ball. Another stud WR would be nice but I don't see him getting the ball enough to make it a good investment in the 1st round.

To a large extent, I agree. Treadwell is the exception because he has that 'My ball' attitude at the catch point and his run blocking is outstanding. When a guy has traits that make me think of Dez Bryant and Anquan Boldin, it's kinda hard to resist the temptation to want him.

I wouldn't expect them to go WR in the 1st but I could certainly live with it for the right guy.

Just going to get this one out while I can. My sleeper WR in this class is a guy that had 24 catches this year. Hell, he's only had 99 catches in his 4 years at NIU (they're a 65-70% run team).

Juwan Brescacin. Canadian prospect, listed as 6' 4", 230 pounds, looks to be every inch of it too.

CBS doesn't even have him in their top 1000 prospects (150 WR's ranked). There's only 2 people that I know of that reckon he's an NFL prospect and one of them compared him to Marques Colston. Kid has ball skills and he's used to run blocking. I'd rather have him on the PS next year than Dez Lewis.

Seems like we already have enough trouble getting Watkins the ball. Another stud WR would be nice but I don't see him getting the ball enough to make it a good investment in the 1st round.

i think you always go with the best available player on your board. If it's a WR, you take him. Don't forget what happened to our offense when Sammy was hurt. And it's not about number of targets per game, for me (I know a lot of people worry about this). It's about how defenses can play you matching up personnel.

How much of that is due to lack of time though? I don't know the answer, but, often he doesn't have the luxury of running through progressions.

That's a good question. Could it be Roman's offense or the Qbs? Kaepernick is knocked for his ability to read defenses as well.

Personally, I think Roman plays to his Qbs' strengths and tells Taylor to scan quick and take off if nothing is there. There has been plenty of film of Wrs wide open that Taylor has missed this year because he was locked on to someone.

How much of that is due to lack of time though? I don't know the answer, but, often he doesn't have the luxury of running through progressions.

And if he has 2 good WR's, how different will the coverages be? It would increase the likelihood of his "first read" being open.

I think another threat at WR would help Tyrod more than any other acquisition. They can can still improve the line without using the top pick. They really need improvement at both.

Drafting a receiver high would be an awful mistake. Woods is a perfect #2 wr. Taylor doesn't go through progressions enough. So to waste another high pick on a silly player would be silly IMO.

LT is a stud though.

We are loaded with weapons as it is. Multiple 1st and 2nd round skill players and a high price TE. I'd argue that we have some of the best weapons in the entire NFL.

We are basically a one read passing game. If Woods was with a more typical pocket passer, he would flourish.

Woods is nothing special, and while he would do better with an elite QB, he is not ready to "flourish" anywhere.

He doesn't draw coverage at all. He's "okay". When Watkins was out, did any team bother to double team Woods? I doubt it, and if they did, he was shut down completely.

The Bills need another guy that is good enough to draw double coverage. Then you have something going at WR.

Edited by HoF Watkins