Crystal Ball: Top Prospects for 2016 NFL Draft

That's true...though I think when a kid's attitude has been questioned, he can do a lot for his image if he shows up, takes the coaching, asks questions, etc. That'll help him more than a tough week throwing the ball in Mobile will hurt him.

PS--Got to watch a few games of AJ Stamps...thoughts?

Stamps is my guy, based solely off his 2014 games. Former WR/CB, ball skills and range for days. Shows enough physicality when dropping in the box but would prefer him as a single high FS. I really think Atlanta would love him and try to make him Earl Thomas Mk 2.

Not watched his 2015 games yet but he's definitely on my radar.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stamps is my guy, based solely off his 2014 games. Former WR/CB, ball skills and range for days. Shows enough physicality when dropping in the box but would prefer him as a single high FS. I really think Atlanta would love him and try to make him Earl Thomas Mk 2.

Not watched his 2015 games yet but he's definitely on my radar.

His game against Louisville was him in a nutshell: made some great plays both in coverage and down in the box, but also got caught being over-aggressive on seam routes and got burnt a few times.

I think he'd be a great fit as a FS in Rex's system.

His game against Louisville was him in a nutshell: made some great plays both in coverage and down in the box, but also got caught being over-aggressive on seam routes and got burnt a few times.

thoughts on Jeremy Cash from Duke in Rex D? He transferred from OSU and had great career there

thoughts on Jeremy Cash from Duke in Rex D? He transferred from OSU and had great career there

I know that a lot of people like Cash, but I'm not as high on him.

He doesn't seem to pop when I watch him. He's good enough in pursuit, and shows some coverage ability, but I think he's going to get picked apart in the process and end up a day 2 guy.

He's only in his 2nd year in FBS (JUCO transfer) and as a safety so he's still a work in progress. Buffalo would be a nice fit because he wouldn't need to play a lot early. A year to bed in and Donnie Henderson is a brilliant DB coach.

If you get a chance, check out Kentucky's MLB Josh Forrest. Former WR, now 6' 3", 255lbs. For that size, he's a heck of an athlete.

Also, I should clarify my earlier comments about Connor Cook. In a break from the norm, the Senior Bowl will now feature 8 quarterbacks. Cook's invitation is still on the table, I'd imagine circumstances will dictate whether he attends. The other open QB slot is expected to be Alabama's Jake Coker.

I don't hate it as all. It's possible that the Bills fall in the top 13 or so in which case they may be able to add him. I like Ramsey and we did pretty well with FSU guys last year.

i will be surprised if he makes it past the Chargers who are letting Weddle walk and rebuilding at safety

Brandon Doughty (Bandit's guy) is on ESPN right now for WKU. Nice QB prospect if anyone is interested.

His numbers are insane and I admit I haven't watched a ton of him. But I believe he's in his 6th year of college (can't find his age anywhere) but older playing against mid major talent doesn't scream future NFL starter. I've always been more in favor of getting younger players and developing them. JMO.

Also, Desmond King of Iowa is the next Jairus Bryd (the one on the Bills). Straight up ball hawk.

Mock Draft: Tackles in demand

Someone will soon post their approval here.

You made me do it :D

So, it seems Connor Cook has turned down his Senior Bowl invite. I'm sure people will be perfectly rational in their response to this.

Personally, I love seeing these guys commit to playing if their stock is in any kind of doubt. I think he's making a mistake but I won't dock him for it.

it's a mistake but it is to our advantage, He does have that shoulder injury maybe he wants to get it healed up for pro day

Its the perfect pick

A clipboard holder for this next year.....but all the tools

maybe, it took Cam five yrs to get it, everybody is different though

If you get a chance, check out Kentucky's MLB Josh Forrest. Former WR, now 6' 3", 255lbs. For that size, he's a heck of an athlete.

The more I watch of him, it'll probably be easier to convert him to TE. Doesn't have the instincts to play a 3-down LB role in the NFL.

He would be a project either way. Probably a guy to stash on the PS for a year.

Got my first look at Noah Spence today. I want him so badly.

All-around skill set is there. Nuanced pass rusher, plays the run very well, high football IQ, impressive athletic traits. I know there's doubts about his past but I want him on my team.

yes! Perfect for Rex scheme and he will likely be a value pick to some degree due to off-field.

yes! Perfect for Rex scheme and he will likely be a value pick to some degree due to off-field.

I am not a pass rush kind of guy. It's not what normally gets me excited. Spence had me making noises that sounded like a 12 year old at a Bieber concert.

I have him as a late 1st as of now, just on talent alone. If he lasts to the 2nd round, he's a steal. Really want to go all defense in the first 3 rounds, the talent is there to plug a lot of gaps.

EDIT: I guess he searches his own name on Twitter too because he just followed me.

Edited by Blokestradamus

I am not a pass rush kind of guy. It's not what normally gets me excited. Spence had me making noises that sounded like a 12 year old at a Bieber concert.

I have him as a late 1st as of now, just on talent alone. If he lasts to the 2nd round, he's a steal. Really want to go all defense in the first 3 rounds, the talent is there to plug a lot of gaps.

EDIT: I guess he searches his own name on Twitter too because he just followed me.

haha well he's a PA kid so maybe Pegs wants him too

That's my fear about Sackenburg.

I have a gut feeling about this, too.

Honestly, I look at him and think "Drew Bledsoe." Not because of what I think he'll do at the next level, but just his style. Big, prototypical pocket passer. His look, stance, voice, and even the way he pumps that ball sometimes before he throws.

Who knows, if Obrien had remained at Penn St., maybe Hackenburg would be a 1st overall prospect. I wouldn't care if the Bills took him in the 2nd. There's a lot of potential there, but he seems like a damaged product. I don't know what his confidence is like. Does he even fit the Bills offense? If Roman likes him, I'd be on board.

I have a gut feeling about this, too.

Honestly, I look at him and think "Drew Bledsoe." Not because of what I think he'll do at the next level, but just his style. Big, prototypical pocket passer. His look, stance, voice, and even the way he pumps that ball sometimes before he throws.

Who knows, if Obrien had remained at Penn St., maybe Hackenburg would be a 1st overall prospect. I wouldn't care if the Bills took him in the 2nd. There's a lot of potential there, but he seems like a damaged product. I don't know what his confidence is like. Does he even fit the Bills offense? If Roman likes him, I'd be on board.

no he doesn't fit it at all IMO. O Brien will take him, no doubt.