12. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: (6-8)
13. New York Giants: (6-8)
14. Indianapolis Colts: (6-8)
15. Oakland Raiders: (6-8)
16. Philadelphia Eagles: (6-8)
17. Buffalo Bills: (6-8)
18. St. Louis Rams: (6-8)

We suck at tiebreakers too

And 4 of those teams beat the Bills recently- and they get to select before us?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure I'm excited to use the first pick on a safety, but I wonder how this guy might fit...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2520411-meet-jalen-ramsey-the-2016-nfl-drafts-top-safety-heading-into-next-season

Whaley seems to like Florida St. players, and this guy is tight with Darby.

Edited by HoF Watkins

I'm not sure I'm excited to use the first pick on a safety, but I wonder how this guy might fit...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2520411-meet-jalen-ramsey-the-2016-nfl-drafts-top-safety-heading-into-next-season

Whaley seems to like Florida St. players, and this guy is tight with Darby.

Maybe Whaley can trade up and take him, or another defensive back! Wouldn't that be great?

We could continue to lose games but it would be OK because the player is probably "good."

Then, we can post how "smart" Whaley is.

Mock Draft: Tackles in demand

NFLDraftScout.com

Although there isn't a defensive tackle in the top 15 picks of this mock draft, there is a run of interior defensive linemen in the second half of the first round with seven defensive tackles off the board in a 12-pick span.

There might not be an elite defensive tackle in this year's class, but it might be the deepest position in the draft, led by Alabama's A'Shawn Robinson, Baylor's Andrew Billings and Ole Miss' Robert Nkemdiche, who is the wild card of the first round. Nkemdiche has the most talent of the group, but his off-field decision making and on-field fit are question marks right now for teams.

Team needs will change, the draft order won't end up this way and the prospects below will help and hurt themselves throughout the 2015 season. But if the draft was held tomorrow, here's how it might play out:

16. Buffalo Bills: Connor Cook, QB, Michigan State
Tyrod Taylor has played well this season for Buffalo, but has he played well enough for the Bills to pass on a quarterback with this pick? Cook is NFL ready right now and will compete for starting reps right away in Buffalo.

Someone will soon post their approval here.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

He feels like a poor man's Flacco. I like him.

@NFL_CFB

WKU QB Brandon Doughty is an intriguing developmental NFL prospect (via @BuckyBrooks): http://at.nfl.com/p4xDnor

CWzI00OXAAAMBIT.jpg

That's my guy alright...take him in the 3rd (ideally) and give him a year behind Tyrod and a veteran like Hasselbeck. If he can adjust to the speed of the NFL, he'll be soild.

Ball comes out clean, quick, and with accuracy. He's not afraid to take shots down the field and has good footwork. Throws well on the run. My only concern is the level of competition he faced, but he held his own against LSU this year in a game where he was under duress constantly.

I wouldn't even be bothered if they took him a round early if they felt that good about him.

So, it seems Connor Cook has turned down his Senior Bowl invite. I'm sure people will be perfectly rational in their response to this.

Personally, I love seeing these guys commit to playing if their stock is in any kind of doubt. I think he's making a mistake but I won't dock him for it.

Always, always, always play.

If nothing else, it shows two important things: (1) you're willing to compete, (2) you want the next-level coaching.

Always, always, always play.

If nothing else, it shows two important things: (1) you're willing to compete, (2) you want the next-level coaching.

At least a few teams seem to put a lot into that week. Particularly the coach staffs taking control.

It's a dumb part of the process but narrative control is important. Perception is reality and there's already enough speculation about him as it is.

At least a few teams seem to put a lot into that week. Particularly the coach staffs taking control.

It's a dumb part of the process but narrative control is important. Perception is reality and there's already enough speculation about him as it is.

That's true...though I think when a kid's attitude has been questioned, he can do a lot for his image if he shows up, takes the coaching, asks questions, etc. That'll help him more than a tough week throwing the ball in Mobile will hurt him.

PS--Got to watch a few games of AJ Stamps...thoughts?

He's a bit of an anomaly. He will most likely be a top 5 pick and almost certainly a top 10. I suppose of the Bills lose the last 2 it is possible.

Perhaps, but he is worth mentioning considering how Safeties are drafted. The site I was on had him the 11th ranked player (I'm know that varies), so throw in a reach or 2 for QB, or DL, or OT, and he falls a few notches.

I don't think it would be outrageous if he were still there.

And I don't even want them to use the pick on a Safety, I'm just presenting Ramsey as a guy Ryan would want.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Perhaps, but he is worth mentioning considering how Safeties are drafted. The site I was on had him the 11th ranked player (I'm know that varies), so throw in a reach or 2 for QB, or DL, or OT, and he falls a few notches.

I don't think it would be outrageous if he were still there.

And I don't even want them to use the pick on a Safety, I'm just presenting Ramsey as a guy Ryan would want.

I don't hate it as all. It's possible that the Bills fall in the top 13 or so in which case they may be able to add him. I like Ramsey and we did pretty well with FSU guys last year.