Crystal Ball: Top Prospects for 2016 NFL Draft

yes , hence the waving hands face.

I watched it but didn't notice anything with Archie, not real concerned about it anyway, all young kids are punks they just don't know how to act properly.

just watched the Gif, he shook his hand what's he supposed to do bow down and honor the guy, NOT EVEN an issue

really haven't seen him much this year which is a shame since I've missed McCaffrey as well.

Where would you take him then?

it is probably because of the red flags already in place about Cook. It's not a big deal or it is a big deal depending on who is doing the evaluation and if they already think he's a d-bag. So *could* affect draft position.

Connor Cook's snub of legend plays into narrative against QB

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000596353/article/connor-cooks-snub-of-legend-plays-into-narrative-against-qb?campaign=Twitter_nfl_cfb

Line it up with the fact he did not look good on Saturday night and I can understand the eyebrow raises. The Bama game will be a huge measuring stick on how he plays vs that defense as he will be under a lot of pressure. The fact he didn't play against OSU took away a big scouting opportunity for him.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone been paying attention to Jeff Driskel at LA Tech? Just saw a couple of videos uploaded and I'm going to take a peek over the weekend.

I know he was AWFUL at Florida but his stats have certainly improved this year.

He was a BIG time recruit too. When he got there it turned out that he couldn't play. It is pretty similar to Jeremy Johnson at Auburn. he was a Heisman contender before the season started and a backup a few weeks later.

He was a BIG time recruit too. When he got there it turned out that he couldn't play. It is pretty similar to Jeremy Johnson at Auburn. he was a Heisman contender before the season started and a backup a few weeks later.

I go into it with zero expectations. Skip Holtz, his new head coach, said a lot about him just being a scapegoat at Florida. Maybe a change of scenery has done him some good.

I go into it with zero expectations. Skip Holtz, his new head coach, said a lot about him just being a scapegoat at Florida. Maybe a change of scenery has done him some good.

He has done better for sure (actually had a huge year). The talent has to be there (kind of like Gunner Kiel). I watch a good bit of SEC football and thought that Driskel was just awful. That guy that came in for him (and eventually played at BC) looked like a much better player and he couldn't throw it at all. I cant remember his name. Maybe Driskel has improved and worth a camp invite but I don't think that I would use a draft pick on him (based primarily on what I saw when he was younger).

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Trying to keep up with Noah Spence?

Lol - yep. Spence is being touted as a 1st round talent btw. Given the Bills tolerance for off field stuff, I could see him coming here as a pass rusher. He dominated games at EKU and even though the competition wasn't great, he has a Kahlil Mack flavor to him as a talent at a smaller school. Especially because he was really good at OSU too.

Not sure if he's given up the Molly yet.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Wentz and Hack before Cook?! they need to get real

that scout wont be around long

Dude, you're "love" for Cook has you blind to the reality that he's really not that good. They beat OSU with the backup QB and they beat Michigan on a fluke play. Dantonio's defense and the players on that side of the ball, along with their top tier of RB's, have carried MSU for years.

Dude, you're "love" for Cook has you blind to the reality that he's really not that good. They beat OSU with the backup QB and they beat Michigan on a fluke play. Dantonio's defense and the players on that side of the ball, along with their top tier of RB's, have carried MSU for years.

He's not Luck but I'd put him in the same group with Rivers and Roethlisberger when they came out and I would love to have those two right now. You never know how a guy will turn out but Cook has all the tools to be a franchise QB, whether he does it or not is up to him and the team he lands on. Funny how Gabbert is looking good now, will it continue, time will tell.

He's not Luck but I'd put him in the same group with Rivers and Roethlisberger when they came out and I would love to have those two right now. You never know how a guy will turn out but Cook has all the tools to be a franchise QB, whether he does it or not is up to him and the team he lands on. Funny how Gabbert is looking good now, will it continue, time will tell.

With this BB branded seal of approval, Cook is now well done. Now guaranteed to be a Landry Jones-esque/Kirk Cousin-ish type of NFL also ran. J/K. Who the heck knows?

In all sincerity, here are a few assessments of him:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14166804/the-top-college-prospects-qb-needy-nfl-teams

Connor Cook, Michigan State: Has ideal size and is a good athlete. Cook can scan the whole field and deliver with velocity even when he's off balance. His accuracy is inconsistent, however.

Current projection: Late first round or early Round 2.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000572249/article/firstround-team-fits-for-top-seniors-in-2016-nfl-draft

There's nothing particularly flashy about Cook's game, so maybe he isn't going to earn first-round grades. But I have a feeling at least a couple of teams will appreciate his toughness and leadership abilities enough to pick him in the middle of the first. And, hey -- he's run a pro-style offense quite effectively for what seems like 10 years in East Lansing. Pro scouts keep complaining they don't see that anymore.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2016.php

The Rams almost have to pick a quarterback, don't they? They paid Nick Foles this past offseason, but he's a lost cause. Jeff Fisher is fed up with him, and I have to believe that this organization will desperately be searching for a new face of the franchise - especially if it makes the move out west to Los Angeles.

Connor Cook has some accuracy and consistency issues that NFL teams are legitimately worried about, but once again, teams will reach for quarterbacks, so he should end up being a top-15 selection.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/25407711/nfl-draft-big-board-top-32-stuffed-with-run-stuffers-edge-rushers

Cook appeared to be limited in Michigan State's thrilling win over Iowa in the Big Ten Championship game with his passes lacking their usual zip and accuracy. He showed guts with passes and runs on the Spartans' game-winning drive, however. Cook comes out of a pro-style attack which features plenty of challenging downfield throws, making him theoretically more NFL-ready than the other top-rated quarterbacks in this draft. Cook is a polarizing prospect doesn't possess elite traits but he has shown the poise, arm strength and accuracy to start early in his pro career.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2016/insider/story/_/id/14108029/memphis-qb-paxton-lynch-continues-rise-mcshay-top-32

Cook has carried the Spartans' offense the past four games, averaging 357 yards and throwing 11 touchdowns vs. just two picks. But his accuracy remains an issue. Cook ranks 83rd among FBS quarterbacks with a 58.1 completion rate. Far too often, he misses the strike zone and forces receivers to adjust to the ball. One positive: Unlike most other quarterbacks who have accuracy problems, Cook doesn't throw many interceptions at all -- just three on 291 attempts this season.