Crystal Ball: Top Prospects for 2016 NFL Draft

Cook reminds me a little of Pennington or Tannehill. He has okay arm strength but it's not easy to play in WNY late in the year without top notch arm strength IMO (again I like Cook).

How are you measuring arm strength? That's where my confusion comes in. Are you talking about how many curls he can do? How fast and far he can throw the ball?

Comparisons have no value without an explanation.

IMO, Tannehill lacks anticipation and often won't put enough zip on it to fit a throw into tight windows. I've seen the opposite from Cook. But even then, I see it's a technical issue (mechanics and smarts) rather than a strength issue.

The term "arm strength" means nothing when we're talking about QBs. Even Chad Pennington or Fitz.

@NFL_CFB

MSU QB Connor Cook doesn't start vs. OSU. MSU spokesman says he's available if needed --> http://bit.ly/1X5dY3J

Not needed...yet. I bet Ohio State breaks out in the 2nd half, though.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought they'd play well today. That couldn't have been further from the truth. Why didn't they throw the ball at all? They had to open up the running game. Ugly, ugly, ugly

i never thought they would throw it. The wind was a huge issue. But the play calling was tragic as its been most of the year with that new OC. Zeke had less than 5 carries the whole second half. The problem all year has been focus. I think they lost their edge after winning it all. Too many NFL guys took their eye off the team goal. IMO.

They underperformed in every game this year. The national media kept saying they were just hanging out waiting for this game to really rev up the offense but I disagree. They were trying to get it going all year and couldn't. They just weren't a good offense this year.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Cook reminds me a little of Pennington or Tannehill. He has okay arm strength but it's not easy to play in WNY late in the year without top notch arm strength IMO (again I like Cook).

he plays in Michigan , I think his arm will be just fine (remind me of Roethlisberger)

Run the !@#$ing ball Urban. Your RB is Elliott not JT.

I'd say they ran it too much

No need to read about that^^^ it was excruciating enough to see live

Also Cardale basically declares for draft - to keep on thread topic

@CJ12_: Last time walking down them steps and into The Shoe, wish the results were different tho https://t.co/BalXhHTOS7

Well he should turn into a good lineman

Obliterating the coaches publically = Zeke draft stock tumbles

doubt it, he will do some pr and such and will be forgotten, plus RBs don't go high anyway, I'd pick him in the 4rth

Glad Cook is hurt, hope he misses the rest of the season so his draft stock doesn't rise and we can get him in the 1st after we 8 - 8

Seems like you're rooting for the Bills to miss the playoffs so they can draft this guy. :thumbdown:

Jeremiah: QB Goff puts on solid show

Cal came up short against Stanford on Saturday, but the Golden Bears' Jared Goff didn't disappoint. Daniel Jeremiah was on hand to find out if the QB prospect is worthy of the buzz he's generated.

What we learned: Signs of Meyer's predicted 'exodus'
The "exodus" of talent Urban Meyer predicted would be leaving OSU after the season has quickly begun to take shape. Find out more about that and see 10 other things we learned on Saturday.

Elliott: No chance I'll be back at OSU | Scout: He's a first-rounder

Cardale Jones hints at OSU future

I maintain that Goff will be the 1st QB picked if he comes out

I can't think of any QB who would be taken ahead of him. He looked really good last night against a very tough defense, on the road. And really, the weapons at his disposal are pretty feeble. Although Goff is not fast, I like the way he avoids the rush and keeps plays alive. I think he goes #1.

Damn. Brian Billick lays into Zeke.

@CoachBillick: Pre #NFL kickoff thought: praised E. Elliott earlier in yr. but after crap yesterday, I'd tell him he's already played last game for #OSU.

I look at it this way.........at least Elliott will have learned his lesson BEFORE he gets to the NFL.

The Bills could have benefited from such a situation.

Also, anything that might cause Urban to have fake heart issues again and go back to the booth.....I am for so give em' hell Zeek! :thumbsup: