Crystal Ball: Top Prospects for 2016 NFL Draft

There are a handful of players to watch in this game: OSU - Taylor Decker - OL, Vonn Bell - S, Darron Lee - LB, Michael Thomas - WR. From MSU: QB Connor Cook Jack Conklin - OL, Aaron Burbridge - WR and Shilique Calhoun - DE.

With the exception of Burbridge I expect all of those guys to be gone within the 1st 2 rounds but would not at all be shocked if 1 (or even 2) wind up in a Bills uniform.

We know that you love Connor Cook but I just don't see the Bills taking a QB in the 1st this year. It's a bad QB draft and they have gotten above average to good QB play. This wouldn't be the year to try to find one. I like Connor Cook, despite worrying about his arm strength in Buffalo, in December. I would be really, really, really surprised to see the Bills go QB in the 1st if the current level of play doesn't decline. I'm thinking a mid round prospect to develop (maybe the kid from Western Kentucky) and a veteran to backup Tyrod.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We know that you love Connor Cook but I just don't see the Bills taking a QB in the 1st this year. It's a bad QB draft and they have gotten above average to good QB play. This wouldn't be the year to try to find one. I like Connor Cook, despite worrying about his arm strength in Buffalo, in December. I would be really, really, really surprised to see the Bills go QB in the 1st if the current level of play doesn't decline. I'm thinking a mid round prospect to develop (maybe the kid from Western Kentucky) and a veteran to backup Tyrod.

Arm strength? That's a new one.

Does he have small hands too?

Yes to Doughty!

He actually reminds me of Cook. You will just get better value on him.

I agree with you that the Bills won't take a qb in the first round because they believe that TT is an adequate starter. Is he the long term answer? He will answer that question by how he plays the rest of the season. So far the signs are good (in my estimation).

If you look at how this team is currently assembled it is built to win now with an acknowledgment that the qb position is a question mark, although less of a question mark because of the play of TT. I just don't see this team at its draft position finding an elite qb prospect and then immediately entrusting the qb as a starter.

Doug Whaley has openly stated that he wants to get into the playoffs now. He has more than once said on WGR that he is determined to break the non-playoff barrier and then move on from there. That doesn't sound like a business plan to draft a qb in the first round and then go through the expected near term struggles of a rookie qb.

Putting things in perspective what was considered as a non-consequential backup qb addition to the roster has to a great extent turned out to be a consequential addition that could dramatically affect how this franchise moves forward. Whether by luck or calculation if good fortune drops in your lap accept the benefit. It's not about how it gets done it's about that it gets done.