Crystal Ball: Top Prospects for 2016 NFL Draft

Another run-of-the-mill performance for WKU's Brandon Doughty:

27/39, 370 yds, 5 TDs, 0 INTs in a 49-28 win

Have you done any assessment of Indiana's qb, Nate Sudfeld. He has protoypical pro size, a good arm and is comfortable in making plays from the pocket?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over at billsmafia.com, we've officially hit draft season. Rob did a couple of write-ups on possible Rex fits.

Reggie Ragland - http://billsmafia.com/2015/11/30/2016-nfl-draft-is-alabamas-reggie-ragland-the-linebacker-rex-ryans-defense-needs/

Jeremy Cash - http://billsmafia.com/2015/12/01/2016-nfl-draft-scouting-jeremy-cash-the-perfect-safety-for-rex-ryan-buffalo-bills-defense/

SPOILER ALERT - They are both rather good at football.

Over at billsmafia.com, we've officially hit draft season. Rob did a couple of write-ups on possible Rex fits.

Reggie Ragland - http://billsmafia.com/2015/11/30/2016-nfl-draft-is-alabamas-reggie-ragland-the-linebacker-rex-ryans-defense-needs/

Jeremy Cash - http://billsmafia.com/2015/12/01/2016-nfl-draft-scouting-jeremy-cash-the-perfect-safety-for-rex-ryan-buffalo-bills-defense/

SPOILER ALERT - They are both rather good at football.

both excellent players. Cash is an OSU transfer - he's a perfect fit did this D IMO.

both excellent players. Cash is an OSU transfer - he's a perfect fit did this D IMO.

The narrative will be 'Oh, he played for Duke therefore he's smart' but he really is. Football IQ is off the charts.

I'll probably start writing some guys up after New Year. My first piece might be what has the working title of 'Go **** Yourself, Kevin Hogan'. :D

The narrative will be 'Oh, he played for Duke therefore he's smart' but he really is. Football IQ is off the charts.

I'll probably start writing some guys up after New Year. My first piece might be what has the working title of 'Go **** Yourself, Kevin Hogan'. :D

We need the Safety from Duke to replace Duke at Safety.

A mock draft has us taking an offensive lineman.

http://fansided.com/2015/12/02/nfl-mock-draft-week-12/32/

That same mock draft has the Patriots picking Derrick Henry with the disclaimer that "they don't have a pick but if they did this is who they would pick." With that logic the Bills "don't have the 1st pick but if they did it would be Paxton Lynch."

That same mock draft has the Patriots picking Derrick Henry with the disclaimer that "they don't have a pick but if they did this is who they would pick." With that logic the Bills "don't have the 1st pick but if they did it would be Paxton Lynch."

Let me mildly turn your comment around. The Bills do have a first round pick. If they believe that Lynch or any other qb prospect is capable of being a franchise qb prospect should they seize the opportunity? I would say yes.

I like TT a lot more than many others who post. Am I sure that he is going to be a starter caliber qb? No, but I think so. For me how TT plays and determining what his standing is as a qb is more important than even making the playoffs, especially since our clownish HC has dramatically reduced the odds of making it this year.

What do you think?

Let me mildly turn your comment around. The Bills do have a first round pick. If they believe that Lynch or any other qb prospect is capable of being a franchise qb prospect should they seize the opportunity? I would say yes.

I like TT a lot more than many others who post. Am I sure that he is going to be a starter caliber qb? No, but I think so. For me how TT plays and determining what his standing is as a qb is more important than even making the playoffs, especially since our clownish HC has dramatically reduced the odds of making it this year.

What do you think?

I am a TT fan as well and think that he is AT LEAST a middle of the road starter in the NFL. He is Alex Smith with more big play ability (both with his legs and arm). He needs to get through his progressions faster but overall I like him.

I think that the Bills need an OL, 2 LBs, a S and a WR. You have to ALWAYS go BPA in the draft and you do that at your weak positions. For me I would be thinking Cash, Treadwell, Ragland, Alexander, Bell, Lee, Conklin or maybe Decker. Those are just a few names that I would be looking at with our first pick.

I am a TT fan as well and think that he is AT LEAST a middle of the road starter in the NFL. He is Alex Smith with more big play ability (both with his legs and arm). He needs to get through his progressions faster but overall I like him.

I think that the Bills need an OL, 2 LBs, a S and a WR. You have to ALWAYS go BPA in the draft and you do that at your weak positions. For me I would be thinking Cash, Treadwell, Ragland, Alexander, Bell, Lee, Conklin or maybe Decker. Those are just a few names that I would be looking at with our first pick.

thoughts on josh perry at ILB in 3rd or so? He is such a smart player. Edited by YoloinOhio

I brought up the point in another discussion that if prior to the season we got the type of performance from TT that he is currently providing most fans would be ecstatic at that level of play. What has changed/colored the perception of TT (and the team) from a prospective positive view to a more negative view is that our defense under Rex has faltered to a very unexpected level. If this defense would have played anywhere near last year's level TT and the team would be having an enthusiastic response. In my opinion this team would be in a comfortable wild-card position.

If it is determined that TT is our designated franchise qb with no equivocation then our draft strategy will be a conventional approach, i.e. draft the highest rated player on the board. If it is determined that TT has too many limitations to his game (which I don't subscribe to) then it is imperative that if a highly rated qb prospect is on the board then we need to seize the opportunity.

I have little regard for the loquacious Rex. I consider him to be a self-promoting huckster whose loud act has distracted others from examining his actual record. This team was in position to take the next step forward. The selection of this HC who was fired from a team in which he left in shambles has created a mountain of obstacles when we only had a little hill to climb. Whatever happened to the concept of "due diligence"?