Crystal Ball: Top Prospects for 2016 NFL Draft

Temple WR Robby Anderson is a bit special. 6' 3", 190 pounds. Supposedly has 4.5 speed, 44" vertical. Precise route runner, great hands in traffic. Gave William Jackson, one of the better CFB cover corners, a hell of a game. Blocked him into the bench as well.

Missed 2014 due to academic reasons but if you're looking for a taller target to add something to the offense at what I'd imagine to be a relatively cheap investment, he might be your guy.

You and I are on the same page

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

scooby wright III is an interesting prospect.

His production is 2014 was nuts but I'm not a huge fan. After missing so much of this year, I think the best thing for him would be him returning for his final year (apparently he's all but declared though).

Best fit would probably be inside in a 3-4 but I really worry about his athletic ability. Not a huge Combine/metrics guy but his agility test numbers will be crucial for me.

His production is 2014 was nuts but I'm not a huge fan. After missing so much of this year, I think the best thing for him would be him returning for his final year (apparently he's all but declared though).

Best fit would probably be inside in a 3-4 but I really worry about his athletic ability. Not a huge Combine/metrics guy but his agility test numbers will be crucial for me.

this is why I don't think he will be drafted high, but may be worth a later pick because of his production/motor, etc. Some guys are just football players, and intelligence/instinctiveness takes over. He was not highly recruited, not that it means anything, but just from the athletIicism standpoint Edited by YoloinOhio

You and I are on the same page

I have to watch some more of him but that game against Houston really caught my eye. God only knows what he'd do with a better QB than PJ Walker.

this is why I don't think he will be drafted high, but may be worth a later pick because of his production/motor, etc. Some guys are just football players, and intelligence/instinctiveness takes over. He was not highly recruited, not that it means anything, but just from the athletIicism standpoint

Absolutely. Once you get past the Jack/Ragland/Smith tier, he's as switched on as they come.

He's probably going to be hit and miss as a Pro. For every time he shoots a gap and gets a TFL, he'll run himself out of position and gave up a 1st. I think I had a provisional 4th on him over the summer and he'd be an upgrade over the Tarpley's of this world.

Jeez , no wonder Losman career tanked, getting injured by his own teammate, Vincent should have been cut ... B-)

He can also catch 2 at once - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2_kMk4gnAw

Can't imagine him declaring as a junior from the FCS level but he's not your typical 5' 6" guy. Saw him this time last year and it's like a (very small) man against boys.

Was just about to post about this kid , very explosive would be a nice slot/change of pace back/returner.

Jeez , no wonder Losman career tanked, getting injured by his own teammate, Vincent should have been cut ... B-)

Was just about to post about this kid , very explosive would be a nice slot/change of pace back/returner.

that dude Cohen had about 300 yds and 3 TDs... kid is nuts!

true but I don't mind small schools for RBs. doesn't seem to impact NFL success, just draft position.

true, that's what's great about backs you can find good ones for cheap. The only back I would draft high is McCaffery, that kid has dynamite feet in the whole and traffic and all around good player, could be a Marshall Faulk type. I'm leery of Henry, I didn't see many games but he looked slow in his cuts, could have "Alabama syndrome"

true, that's what's great about backs you can find good ones for cheap. The only back I would draft high is McCaffery, that kid has dynamite feet in the whole and traffic and all around good player, could be a Marshall Faulk type. I'm leery of Henry, I didn't see many games but he looked slow in his cuts, could have "Alabama syndrome"

saw somewhere Elliott is ranked higher than Henry. I could see that. Elliott is an all-around NFL ready RB with size, speed, vision, blocking, football IQ,etc. and tore up Bama for 200+.

I like Henry though, freak size for a RB.

Edited by YoloinOhio