Crystal Ball: Top Prospects for 2016 NFL Draft

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think good Wideouts and a decent O-Line can really make a QB. Look what Marshall & Decker did for Fitzpatrick this year. That said, I'd rather find an experienced receiver who has shown they can catch and run routes rather than draft one in the 1st round who may or may not be able to do those things. The Bills have already invested two 1st rounders to get Watkins so no more at that position.

Completely agree. This is why I think that if a guy who was previously and widely considered a 1st round pick now falls to the 3rd or 4th round because of an off year, we should jump at the opportunity.

Brooks: Lynch doesn't have look of NFL-ready QB

Bucky Brooks says he has serious concerns about Memphis QB Paxton Lynch's game coming off his disappointing bowl performance. Find out which NFL QB Brooks compares him to.

A day after Cal quarterback Jared Goff staked his claim as the top quarterback potentially available in the 2016 NFL Draft, the man expected to be his primary competition - Memphis junior Paxton Lynch - suffered through the worst game of his collegiate career.

Ohio State quarterback Cardale Jones will enter the NFL Draft following the 2015 season.

Jones will leave Ohio State with an 11-0 record as the Buckeyes' starting quarterback, but his NFL Draft projection isn't as clear-cut.

Juniors rule when it comes to the top prospects in the 2016 NFL Draft, and big bowl performances by California quarterback Jared Goff and Baylor defensive tackle Andrew Billings should help their draft stock.

It will be interesting to see what happens to Cardale's draft stock. I would love to see the Bills grab him. He would be the perfect guy to develop behind Tyrod for a year or two. I think he will go higher than many project.

Do people make the Rodgers comparison simply because they both went to Cal?

Maybe, Some people compare Cook with Cousins because they both went to Michigan st, and they are not alike

Or games where he's played against legitimate talent.

He has the tools, so he's developable. That's about it on him. Mid-late round prospect. IMO

Draftek has him as their number one overall prospect, which is crazy, it's like all the over reaction for Cardale last yr.

Maybe, Some people compare Cook with Cousins because they both went to Michigan st, and they are not alike

At least, they played/developed under the same coach...

Draftek has him as their number one overall prospect, which is crazy, it's like all the over reaction for Cardale last yr.

It's still kind of early to take any of it seriously, anyway. You gotta wait until the pundits have had time to really delve deep into the tape.

It will be interesting to see what happens to Cardale's draft stock. I would love to see the Bills grab him. He would be the perfect guy to develop behind Tyrod for a year or two. I think he will go higher than many project.

I have no confidence in any urban Meyer spread option QB. the only one that had a shot was Tebow and as much as I wanted him to succeed he failed, and Cardale is not even a fraction of the COLLEGE QB that Tebow was.

At least, they played/developed under the same coach...

It's still kind of early to take any of it seriously, anyway. You gotta wait until the pundits have had time to really delve deep into the tape.

forget the pundits, That's how I got roped into guys like Gabbert. I spotted guys like Tannehill, Bortles , Luck and Cook on my own long before the "experts" came around. Tannehill has struggled this yr but he lost his 3 top recievers in Clay, Wallace and Hartline. Also he was a spread QB and as we have seen these guys take a long time to get it if ever.

I have no confidence in any urban Meyer spread option QB. the only one that had a shot was Tebow and as much as I wanted him to succeed he failed, and Cardale is not even a fraction of the COLLEGE QB that Tebow was.

forget the pundits, That's how I got roped into guys like Gabbert. I spotted guys like Tannehill, Bortles , Luck and Cook on my own long before the "experts" came around. Tannehill has struggled this yr but he lost his 3 top recievers in Clay, Wallace and Hartline. Also he was a spread QB and as we have seen these guys take a long time to get it if ever.

What you are actually seeing is just how hard it is to actually find a "franchise" qb

These guys are like unicorns......

The last day of 2015 offers the year's best matchups with 10 projected first round picks playing what may be the final collegiate games of their careers. The talent will be especially rich along the line of scrimmage in the Cotton Bowl matchup between Alabama and Michigan State.

DT Antwaun Woods 6'2" 325

but he looks a lot heavier, has stood out as a disruptive force on the D-line against Wisconsin tonight and and could fit at a NT in Rex's system. Could be a late round prospect to priority free agent.

OLB prospect Scooby Wright 6" 246 possible 3rd rounder

"CBS Sports draft analyst Rob Rang wrote that Arizona junior LB Scooby Wright "boasts terrific instincts--consistently timing the snap count to squeeze through gaps to make plays behind the line of scrimmage."
In addition to his instincts, Rang notes that Wright also shows "active hands and keen spacial awareness." Due to injury, the 6-foot-1, 246-pound junior was limited"
Edited by Buffalo Barbarian