Alex Carrington in Buffalo for FA visit // Update: signed

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stand by my previous positivity on the move - but asking solely as a point of information: he was an expiring contract for the rams, so a qualified gain for us in the comp pick calculation, right?

Was wondering that myself

Former Bills DT Alex Carrington is back in Buffalo for a free agent visit: http://bufbills.co/bTCgoY

The #Bills will sign versatile DL Alex Carrington to a one-year deal, source said. He’s visiting today, played there from 2010-2013.

Excellent signing. Makes not drafting a DE for depth a non issue. OK, I BILLIEVE in DOUG... grrrr ( I hate when I doubt him )

A kid that can play in a few different spots, contribute on ST, and knows a bit of the Rex system from playing for Pettine.

I like the move.

Yup... When I saw this news, it immediately makes sense, based on Whaley's comments this morning regarding Karlos Williams: "value" added due to impact on special teams. Carrington brings this, too.

Nice job Doug! Welcome back AC.

I'm sure Rodak will chime in soon with the comp pick update

I can write his column for him:

"The Bills brought back Alex Carrington, he was a much better player last year when he was leaving the team, he's just a backup and a foolish signing who will cost them a comp pick in the formula, hooray, Go Pats!"