Serious About Drafting Bryce Petty?

so you think we should spend a high pick on someone like Petty and then when Cassel, EJ, and Tyrod outplay him then what? We cut our 2nd round pick? Nowhere on our final roster for 4 QB's. Most have 2. So who gets cut?

They should do whatever they NEED to... Thinking about stuff like that gets you nowhere. When you think about crap that doesn't matter then you end up drafting TJ Graham instead of Russell Wilson. You people think about the most trivial of crap when you don't want a team to do something.

Edited by Beef Jerky

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should do whatever they NEED to... Thinking about stuff like that gets you nowhere. When you think about crap that doesn't matter then you end up drafting TJ Graham instead of Russell Wilson. You people think about the most trivial of crap when you don't want a team to do something.

Hold the phone, Mr. Beef Jerky.

Are you suggesting Russell Wilson would have been a better draft selection than TJ Graham?

Someone told me in a thread at this forum that EJ Manuel is better than Russell Wilson.

The free world just doesn't know it yet.

Hold the phone, Mr. Beef Jerky.

Are you suggesting Russell Wilson would have been a better draft selection than TJ Graham?

Someone told me in a thread at this forum that EJ Manuel is better than Russell Wilson.

The free world just doesn't know it yet.

Link or it didn't happen.

"Bryce, enjoy this 24 oz. bone-in rib-eye on us...now go tell every single team that we're dead serious about taking you at 50."

Makes sense !

If there's one thing both Whaley AND Rex know---it's QB's!

Go with your instincts Doug/Rex!

:sick:

Either real interest....remember Rex also visited.......or , a head fake (remember Whaley studied briefly with a good ole boy who liked to do that)

Bold...... very bold

http://www.wkbw.com/sports/source-bills-gm-whaley-visits-qb-petty-tuesday

"According to a source, Bills GM Doug Whaley went to have an in-person visit with Baylor quarterback Bryce Petty on Tuesday. The person spoke on the condition of anonymity."

I think he has potential but being in the spread concerns me, it could take him 3 yrs to get the hang of things. The one thing I do like is his moxy which hopefully makes him good.

Smoke screen...like everything else this time of year!

so was every other top pick we had and days before the draft we pretty much know who they are going after.

If there's one thing both Whaley AND Rex know---it's QB's!

Go with your instincts Doug/Rex!

I hope that is sarcasm

I think Joe B got played by the organization. Murph says that no one in the organization that he's spoken with thinks highly of Petty.

That's the most likely scenario. But Joe B still wins -- he got a scoop, lots of attention and clicks for his new employer. Everyone wins in the propaganda game.

Most would be petty skeptical of the pick

I see what you did there

I see this as a smokescreen...potentially hoping someone jumps ahead of them to draft Petty in the 2nd/3rd round so they have an extra player potentially fall to them....

really?

That is an aweful lot of money to spend, flying down, taking out to dinner, ect, just to hope someone jumps ahead of you in the second or third?

wow, the NFL makes way too much if that's the casw.

I see what you did there

really?

That is an aweful lot of money to spend, flying down, taking out to dinner, ect, just to hope someone jumps ahead of you in the second or third?

When you have Pegula as owner, money means nothing. Pegula and his wife flew on a private jet to Calgary to persuade Robyn Regehr to waive his no trade clause. Sending Whaley to build a smoke screen is possible.

I will be surprised if he goes before the 5th rd.

Really? By most accounts he's the 3rd QB in the draft? You don't think that any QBs will be taken between picks 5 & 137? I am not a Petty fan (or really any of the 2nd tier) but I'll be shocked if he is on the board when the Bills pick in the 3rd (maybe even 2nd).

This doesn't sound like a guy who like the Bills' current QB situation much at all:

“There’s not anybody who knows how it’s going to shake out. So I think it’s going to be interesting,” Ryan said, via the team’s website. “The great thing is we’re going to give them a platform that will showcase what they can all do, and let’s see what happens. I feel good about the three guys. Is it a perfect situation? No, I’m not saying it is. But we have three guys, who in my opinion could be NFL quarterbacks. And we’ll see about the options as it goes forward. I think by the time we end it there will be a clear number one guy—that’s in an ideal world.”

That's the most likely scenario. But Joe B still wins -- he got a scoop, lots of attention and clicks for his new employer. Everyone wins in the propaganda game.

That should be a major tip off. Joe B and the local media never break stories about the Bills. So it seems like the Bills wanted this to get out.

Because if they were serious about drafting a player, it would be moronic to let their intentions be know 2 days before the draft. Maybe they are asking what kind of food motivates Richardson to play better.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

I see what you did there

really?

This stuff happens all the time, the amount of money is equivalent to one of us finding a nickel in the couch cushion.