Serious About Drafting Bryce Petty?

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me this is a clear signal they are not going to draft him in the second round. If they were serious about him Whaley would have gone a long time ago. They have already pretty much finalized their board and slotted every player. Maybe if he falls to the third round, which is very possible, that is why he is going.

I very much doubt they draft any QB before the seventh round and probably none at all, although any seventh rounder has very little chance of making this team.

What was the final verdict on the Gil Brant report about Whaley going to see Petty? Was that officially or unofficially debunked? And Brandt is usually quite reliable.

per Joe B today, Rex Visit never happened. I don't remember anyone officially debunking it but the tweet from Brandt was later deleted and the Rex visit was not reported by anyone else

This is the thread where people will tell me how good or not good Bryce petty is going to be as a pro yet many of those same people tell me I'm not allowed to have an opinion on Manuel yet because it's still way too early. That being said, I like petty a lot and would be thrilled if they could get him at 50.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

This is the thread where people tell me how good Bryce petty is going to be as a pro yet many of those same people tell me I'm not allowed to have an opinion on Manuel yet because it's still way too early. That being said, I like petty a lot and would be thrilled if they could get him at 50.

Are you going to play this pathetic victim card in every thread related to QB's?

I don't think we have any room for a QB on our roster. Go into the season with these 3 guys and see if any of them are worth anything. Meanwhile, I think they should trade all of our late round picks for picks next year. That way we have the ammo to move up and get a QB in the 1st round if we like someone next draft or we can trade for a veteran

To me this is a clear signal they are not going to draft him in the second round. If they were serious about him Whaley would have gone a long time ago. They have already pretty much finalized their board and slotted every player. Maybe if he falls to the third round, which is very possible, that is why he is going.

I very much doubt they draft any QB before the seventh round and probably none at all, although any seventh rounder has very little chance of making this team.

Didn't Rex visit him last month? I distinctly recall that happening. I strongly suspect they're interested. Whether they draft him at 50 or not is anyone's guess. I don't think he'll be there at 81.

per Joe B today, Rex Visit never happened. I don't remember anyone officially debunking it but the tweet from Brandt was later deleted and the Rex visit was not reported by anyone else

whoops - missed this post!

Perhaps it's a bit of smoke, maybe a team will buy into us wanting a QB at 50 and trades up, maybe allowing a guy Whaley truly covets to drop a spot or two? I'd be fairly surprised if a QB is the pick at 50.

I truly believe that the Bills don't have faith in any of their QBs and want a new one. My gut tells me that for whatever reason Ryan doesn't have faith in Manuel. I think Cassel starts this year.

Didn't Rex visit him last month? I distinctly recall that happening. I strongly suspect they're interested. Whether they draft him at 50 or not is anyone's guess. I don't think he'll be there at 81.

Rex visiting him is one thing, although that as you later saw, was debunked. Whaley seeing him is another story. If this was Whaley's second visit as a follow up it could mean something. And maybe it is although we likely would have heard about it.

I don't think Petty is going to be there at 81 either but it's reasonably possible. Remember when people couldn't believe Barkley and Nassib lasted until the fourth, although Petty is higher rates than those two.

Rex visiting him is one thing, although that as you later saw, was debunked. Whaley seeing him is another story. If this was Whaley's second visit as a follow up it could mean something. And maybe it is although we likely would have heard about it.

I don't think Petty is going to be there at 81 either but it's reasonably possible. Remember when people couldn't believe Barkley and Nassib lasted until the fourth, although Petty is higher rates than those two.

True, but I do think that Petty is better than those guys. Bandit has him going in the first!

They did meet with all of those QBs at the combine. I do not know if that is relevant to this discussion or not. I'm not really a big fan of any of these guys but we need to find the guy. I really could care less who the guy is or what my thoughts are on him.