Serious About Drafting Bryce Petty?

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There Sure is a lot of attention on Qbs to be just a smoke screen.

Petty would come in and instantly be our #2.

I wonder Who would be the odd man out?

Let's be realistic, top 3 QBs, not some practice fodder named Tool.

Imo

Imo

I can't imagine that Cassel is getting cut. He is the safe, steady vet that can be a starter or a good backup. His ceiling isn't very high but I would be really surprised if they cut their safety net. I don't know if they will draft a QB or not but we will see.

Imo

EJ cannot be cut without a major salary cap hit. I believe Tyrod has a role in this offense one way or another this season. They traded for Cassel. Tough question.

I don't think we have any room for a QB on our roster. Go into the season with these 3 guys and see if any of them are worth anything. Meanwhile, I think they should trade all of our late round picks for picks next year. That way we have the ammo to move up and get a QB in the 1st round if we like someone next draft or we can trade for a veteran

Thank you !

I don't think we have any room for a QB on our roster. Go into the season with these 3 guys and see if any of them are worth anything. Meanwhile, I think they should trade all of our late round picks for picks next year. That way we have the ammo to move up and get a QB in the 1st round if we like someone next draft or we can trade for a veteran

Roster goes to 90 so they have room for many players, even QBs.

Edited by Beef Jerky

While I agree that is how the game is played, it's impossible for me at least to believe that Doug Whaley going to see Bryce Petty for the first time two days before the draft is going to influence anyone anywhere to the point of thinking the Bills are serious about selecting him at 50 and then expedite trading up ahead of 50 to take Petty because they were worried the Bills would. I don't really find the idea of Whaley going there today influencing that trade plausible in the least. if anything, they would look at it more as a smokescreen than a genuine interest. And if they want Petty and want to trade up for him and their hard deck is less than 50 they will do it.

Maybe they want to trade up for a different player.,and want their trade partner to think it's for Petty

Agree, unless we can use our 3 or 4 last picks to move up this draft for OL or TE. We have to give any QB time to throw

Edited by ALF

But we should prep for next years draft.

Be pro active as i told my youngest today. you dont know what tomorrow brings.

We need some leverage for next years first round

trade down get Grayson or Petty. i dont care. but think hard about 2016 draft

This is a really interesting exercise by the Bills for me, with Petty. He's a project but worth the hard look by Whaley

Imo

Beef i did not highlight my agreement with kdiggz. It was everything but the roster room. tuel is all but gone

so you think we should spend a high pick on someone like Petty and then when Cassel, EJ, and Tyrod outplay him then what? We cut our 2nd round pick? Nowhere on our final roster for 4 QB's. Most have 2. So who gets cut?

so you think we should spend a high pick on someone like Petty and then when Cassel, EJ, and Tyrod outplay him then what? We cut our 2nd round pick? Nowhere on our final roster for 4 QB's. Most have 2. So who gets cut?

I think we trade down from 50 and pick up that team's 1st next year.

I'd love for the Bills to take a QB at #50 considering we don't have one worth a crap on the roster at the moment.

Having said that, Bryce Petty doesn't impress.

He has nervous feet in the pocket, and frequently shuffles around nervously before he throws.

He has a strange hitch in his motion and throws almost side arm, not with a high, over the top release point.

His body mechanics when he throws are terrible; he often has his body leaning backward when he throws off his back foot.

He gets by at the college level with a lot of forearm/wrist strength, and tends to telegraph where he is going to throw the ball.

He does have some decent athleticism when he decides to run, and his passes are more or less accurate, which is important.

I don't see anything close to the credentials a QB needs to succeed at the NFL level with this kid.

Next.

I am convinced Whaley will trade down, possibly multiple times. If they are going to draft Petty, it will be after a trade down IMO. And we would trade 1 of our QBs-perhaps Cassel. That is if EJ or Tyrod show they can be a good starter. My guess is Whalley loads up on picks in the third thru fifth round. And possibly what the poster above said-a trade down for picks next year