The 1st player selected by the Bills will be...

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its really tough for me to put a name on it.....I just think its gonna be a OL

I agree and I think Laken Tomlinson is as good a guess as any. They could go QB in the third if on of those second tier guys are there. If they go QB in the second it means they have no faith in EJ.

I posted this in another thread because I thought it was interesting. For 12 years straight, the Bills have visited and/or worked out the player they selected with their first pick in the draft. Most years, they visited and/or worked out around the limit of 30 players. This year, they've only had 12. The top-6 along with CBS Sportsline's ranking of them include:
Byron Jones (CB/S) - 20

Nelson Agholor (WR) - 34

Carl Davis (DT/DE) - 53

Nate Orchard (LB/DE) - 69

Bryce Petty (QB) - 73

Garrett Grayson (QB) - 95

I'm not saying they will take one of those 6 guys, but think that it's interesting to look back and see how these things play out. Most of their "first picks" are obviously first rounders too, so this year is a bit different.

I posted this in another thread because I thought it was interesting. For 12 years straight, the Bills have visited and/or worked out the player they selected with their first pick in the draft. Most years, they visited and/or worked out around the limit of 30 players. This year, they've only had 12. The top-6 along with CBS Sportsline's ranking of them include:

Byron Jones (CB/S) - 20

Nelson Agholor (WR) - 34

Carl Davis (DT/DE) - 53

Nate Orchard (LB/DE) - 69

Bryce Petty (QB) - 73

Garrett Grayson (QB) - 95

I'm not saying they will take one of those 6 guys, but think that it's interesting to look back and see how these things play out. Most of their "first picks" are obviously first rounders too, so this year is a bit different.

I've been trying to figure out why they had so few guys visit this year. I guess that's why... though I feel like it wouldn't matter as there is a lot that can be gleaned from an interview including asking about other players they were teammates with, systems, etc.

I've been trying to figure out why they had so few guys visit this year. I guess that's why... though I feel like it wouldn't matter as there is a lot that can be gleaned from an interview including asking about other players they were teammates with, systems, etc.

I don't disagree with you at all. What concerns me here is that arguably only 3-4 out of the 12 they talked to would even be 50th pick value. Maybe when you get to that point, there's just so many guys at each position that kind of look the same that you don't even bother? It's a little baffling.