The 1st player selected by the Bills will be...

I don't see lb as a glaring need because rex only plays 2 and we have 2 strong starters. We do need one or two for depth and numbers but I don't see going there this early. They need a starting OL imo. Not only do they not know what they will get from Kouandjio but they simply need more tackles. They need a OL who can play multiple positions.

Don't forget Manny Lawson; he's capable of playing 40% of the defensive snaps for this team in either front.

I missed the second half of the draft last night and am still catching up on who got picked.

Noticed a bunch of OL started going though. So who is left for us to choose from if we wanted to go that direction?

Round 2 possibilities:

Jake Fisher

T.J. Clemmings

A.J. Cann

Donovan Smith

Round 3 possibilities:

Ali Marpet

Daryl Williams

Jarvis Harrison

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget Manny Lawson; he's capable of playing 40% of the defensive snaps for this team in either front.

Round 2 possibilities:

Jake Fisher

T.J. Clemmings

A.J. Cann

Donovan Smith

Round 3 possibilities:

Ali Marpet

Daryl Williams

Jarvis Harrison

Thanks bandit!

Is it possible that Landon Collins falls to 50? That would make for an interesting discussion in our War Room IMO

I think I've seen there are some concerns about Collins as a NFL safety. He is almost like a LB and seems like he could get abused in coverage.

That said, if Rex picks him, I'm good with it.

I did...Dr. was asking about OLmen only I thought...either way, yes, he's my guy.

I was :thumbsup:

I have no idea where the Bills will go now but I suspect that OL is still the plan. This offseason Leonard Williams, Malcom Brown and Ndamukong Suh all entered the division to play on the interior.

Great point! Im disappointed to see Tomlinson went last night but wouldnt mind if we were able to snag Cann at #50.

I think I've seen there are some concerns about Collins as a NFL safety. He is almost like a LB and seems like he could get abused in coverage.

Yeah, evaluators are painting him as a box safety and somewhat a liability in coverage. But doesn't Rex mostly use his SS in the box?

you mean kind of like a landry?

the obvious 4 pass rushers, bradham/brown, gilmore, williams/williams, and a rotation of collins/leodis/graham as the 5th db might be a pretty solid base defense.

Yeah, evaluators are painting him as a box safety and somewhat a liability in coverage. But doesn't Rex mostly use his SS in the box?

Trust me, I won't second guess any defensive picks by Rex. IMO, it's very hard to evaluate Alabama players because their team is so loaded. It's a lot easier to shine when you have blue chippers all around you.

Mark Barron was thought to be a can't miss guy and has been traded already. But I'll go with Rex for defense.

I have no idea where the Bills will go now but I suspect that OL is still the plan. This offseason Leonard Williams, Malcom Brown and Ndamukong Suh all entered the division to play on the interior.

Very true...it's not only the position that's critical, but the type of player. They need a mauler-type to compete with those guys.

As funny as this sounds, that's why I think they may wait until round 3 to take an OLmen, since the maulers all have 3rd round grades IMO: Daryl Williams (converted tackle), John Miller, Jarvis Harrison, Tre Jackson.

There's another late-round guy that I like quite a bit as well: Quinton Spain of West Virginia. I posted a thread about him a while back...he's huge and nasty, and held his own against Jordan Phillips last year.

Trust me, I won't second guess any defensive picks by Rex. IMO, it's very hard to evaluate Alabama players because their team is so loaded. It's a lot easier to shine when you have blue chippers all around you.

Mark Barron was thought to be a can't miss guy and has been traded already. But I'll go with Rex for defense.

on the plus side, we have a team loaded with blue chip talent on defense and can target highly effective role players instead of trying to force a guy to be a cornerstone.

if at 50 we get a guy that can be a difference maker in packages, ill be happy.

Edited by NoSaint