The 1st player selected by the Bills will be...

I think if he gets past the Giants (who might prefer Eric Rowe since he is much better in coverage) there's a good chance he gets to us.

A lot of teams ahead of the Bills would have an interest in him...

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2015/05/breaking_down_potential_landin.html

Saban sure is beating his drum...

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2015/04/landon_collins_nfl_draft_mock_2015.html

Edited by Lurker

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very true...it's not only the position that's critical, but the type of player. They need a mauler-type to compete with those guys.

As funny as this sounds, that's why I think they may wait until round 3 to take an OLmen, since the maulers all have 3rd round grades IMO: Daryl Williams (converted tackle), John Miller, Jarvis Harrison, Tre Jackson.

There's another late-round guy that I like quite a bit as well: Quinton Spain of West Virginia. I posted a thread about him a while back...he's huge and nasty, and held his own against Jordan Phillips last year.

It seems like they want an athletic tackle (right or wrong). Maybe they are planning on kicking Glenn inside? There was always talk about that but depending on what happens today it may become a reality.

It would be nice if Cyrus panned out but I am not holding my breath. He looks like a mauling guard to me but no one uses him there!!

Imagine how much better you would feel about this team if they took Gabe Jackson last year instead of Cyrus Kouandjio? You would be looking at a depth tackle only with a starting line of Glenn-Jackson-Wood-Incognito-Henderson with Urbik backing up the interior and ___ backing up the tackles.

It seems like they want an athletic tackle (right or wrong). Maybe they are planning on kicking Glenn inside? There was always talk about that but depending on what happens today it may become a reality.

It would be nice if Cyrus panned out but I am not holding my breath. He looks like a mauling guard to me but no one uses him there!!

Imagine how much better you would feel about this team if they took Gabe Jackson last year instead of Cyrus Kouandjio? You would be looking at a depth tackle only with a starting line of Glenn-Jackson-Wood-Incognito-Henderson with Urbik backing up the interior and ___ backing up the tackles.

Indeed...you and I both liked Jackson last year (I can't remember if you were with me on being anti-Kouandjio).

I do wonder if a guy like Jake Fisher or Donovan Smith fell, what that might mean for Glenn. I just think that they've got no shot at re-signing him if they kick him inside before they give him a new contract.

Indeed...you and I both liked Jackson last year (I can't remember if you were with me on being anti-Kouandjio).

I do wonder if a guy like Jake Fisher or Donovan Smith fell, what that might mean for Glenn. I just think that they've got no shot at re-signing him if they kick him inside before they give him a new contract.

I was a little indifferent on CK. He wasn't my favorite but was in the tier of guys that I would have been fine with adding. I wanted an OL in the 2nd last year.

The Glenn thing is interesting. He is, and has been, the best OL on the team since he arrived. He is a guy that you have to keep happy regardless of where you play him.

Agreed. Although the offer to Bulaga (assuming it was made) might be evidence of a plan to slide Glenn inside.

I'd like BPA tonight, but if the BPA analysis is close we should take a guard. In my view poor guard play has cost this team immensely over the past two years - at least two games in 2013 off the top of my head (cinci and kc), and it killed the screen and some aspects of the run game last year.

Also, as an aside, we need a short yardage back in the worst way. Summers was the best of a bad lot recently, and I am only slightly exaggerating when I say that brad smith is the best short yardage back we've had in awhile. This won't be popular, but I get managements desire to cut Fred to save money and to find a back with short yardage ability (something at which fred isn't all that great).

I do wonder if a guy like Jake Fisher or Donovan Smith fell, what that might mean for Glenn.

IMO, Fisher's better suited to a zone blocking scheme like Denver, while Smith is likely to be a RT or pushed inside to guard. If Glenn is in good shape (as reported at the vet camp) he'll still be the LT...

Agreed. Although the offer to Bulaga (assuming it was made) might be evidence of a plan to slide Glenn inside.

Bulaga's a RT, so their pursuit of him had nothing to do with Glenn...

I'd like BPA tonight, but if the BPA analysis is close we should take a guard. In my view poor guard play has cost this team immensely over the past two years - at least two games in 2013 off the top of my head (cinci and kc), and it killed the screen and some aspects of the run game last year.

Also, as an aside, we need a short yardage back in the worst way. Summers was the best of a bad lot recently, and I am only slightly exaggerating when I say that brad smith is the best short yardage back we've had in awhile. This won't be popular, but I get managements desire to cut Fred to save money and to find a back with short yardage ability (something at which fred isn't all that great).

I don't know about the KC game in '13...it's really hard to blame the guard play in a game where the offense rolled up 470 yards (240 on the ground).

As to short-yardage backs, my opinion is fix the blocking and you won't have an issue with Freddie or Boobie Dixon filling that role.

IMO, Fisher's better suited to a zone blocking scheme like Denver, while Smith is likely to be a RT or pushed inside to guard. If Glenn is in good shape (as reported at the vet camp) he'll still be the LT...

Bulaga's a RT, so their pursuit of him had nothing to do with Glenn...

I think Fisher is pretty versatile...Smith I agree may be better at guard long-term.

Unless they wanted to flip Henderson to LT.

That could very well have been the plan.

I think Fred is a little high and maybe also want have enough burst for the role. Agreed on Dixon though.

Fair point about the yardage in the kc game. But if we were better up front, we probably don't make the foolish play call that led to Jeff Tuel throwing a 99-yard touchdown pass to kc. I had my bills meltdown moment when chan allowed brad smith to throw near the end of the game in az, and my dad had his at the Tuel interception. Ugh.

But if we were better up front, we probably don't make the foolish play call that led to Jeff Tuel throwing a 99-yard touchdown pass to kc.

The Seahawks have a pretty good OL and that didn't stop them from calling a dumb play...brain cramps happen.

The Seahawks have a pretty good OL and that didn't stop them from calling a dumb play...brain cramps happen.

I think Fred is a little high and maybe also want have enough burst for the role. Agreed on Dixon though.

Fair point about the yardage in the kc game. But if we were better up front, we probably don't make the foolish play call that led to Jeff Tuel throwing a 99-yard touchdown pass to kc. I had my bills meltdown moment when chan allowed brad smith to throw near the end of the game in az, and my dad had his at the Tuel interception. Ugh.

Except our play call had a WIDE OPEN Stevie Johnson. It was the QB that made a bad read and threw it to the wrong guy. Call was right, execution stunk.

I think if he gets past the Giants (who might prefer Eric Rowe since he is much better in coverage) there's a good chance he gets to us.

Sorry, Rowe is my guess for the Bills pick so the Giants will have to look elsewhere.

GO BILLS!!!

Except our play call had a WIDE OPEN Stevie Johnson. It was the QB that made a bad read and threw it to the wrong guy. Call was right, execution stunk.

The call was an audible, too. And Tuel made the right check when KC took away Freddy's run to the left side. Just a horrible confluence of impatience and inexperience meeting up to wreak havoc. That KC DB was lucky, too. Stevie left him dead in his tracks. He should have bought Tuel a gift in return.

GO BILLS!!!

Buffalo Rumblings put out a mock Bills Big Board for tonight. Seems pretty good at first glance anyway. If you don't feel like following the link, the list is:

1) Randy Gregory, OLB

2) T.J. Clemmings, OT

3) Eddie Goldman, DT

4) Jake Fisher, OT

5) Dorial Green-Beckham, WR

6) Carl Davis, DT

7) Jordan Phillips, DT

8) Jalen Collins, CB

9) Landon Collins, S

10) P.J. Williams, CB

11) Eli Harold, OLB

12) A.J. Cann, G

13) Nate Orchard, OLB

14) Devin Funchess, WR/TE

15) Maxx Williams, TE

16) Donovan Smith, OT

17) Bernardrick McKinney, ILB

18) Bryce Petty, QB

Just put me in a padded room if we don't upgrade the OL tonight. I'm having Leonard williams and Suh nightmares. Only 5hrs to go, need a drink.

While I'd love to get OL help at 50, they can still get a veteran guy via trade (Mathis) or FA (Blalock or Barksdale). Not ideal, but not the end of the world either...