Report: Eagles to sign Tebow

If I were a Eagles fan , Chip and there owner would scare me

The alleged three-team trade would break down as follows: Rumor

- The Eagles would receive the No. 2 overall pick from the Titans, which they would then use to draft Mariota.

- The Chargers would receive Sam Bradford, the Eagles’ first-round pick and the Titans’ second-round pick.

- The Titans would receive Philip Rivers and the Eagles’ third-round pick.

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2015/04/17/nfl-rumors-eagles-titans-chargers-alleged-3-team-trade-makes-sense/

The Titans would be complete idiots to do this.

They get an old, I'll be it, decent QB for a year or so, and a third!

No way!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus H. Tebow... they're actually talking about Tebow down here in New Zealand.

I just heard a blurb, on the national (radio) news, that Tebow just signed with the Eagles.

In 10 years of living here, this is THE FIRST time I've heard NFL stories in our news reports.

:doh:

Jesus H. Tebow... they're actually talking about Tebow down here in New Zealand.

I just heard a blurb, on the national (radio) news, that Tebow just signed with the Eagles.

In 10 years of living here, this is THE FIRST time I've heard NFL stories in our news reports.

No Michael Sam or Aaron Hernandez? But Tebow gets coverage? Wow.

I think that is actuary pretty impressive.

I listen to the live feed of 97.5 the fanatic in Philly all the time and it's been radio gold this whole off season. It's almost all NFL football in the offseason (80% NFL, 10% Phillies/Flyers and 10% other) and Chip's moves have their heads spinning. It's crazy. That station totally blows away WGR 550 radio which completely ignores the Bills and the NFL in the offseason. It's shameful how much they don't care about the Bills or the NFL in the offseason.

You're kidding, right?

@TODAYshow: Philly Pretzel Factory creates "Tebowing" pretzel: http://t.co/nl4iFoog0N#WhatsTrendingTODAY http://t.co/ioOu7xJ4DS

This pretzel thing is oddly appropriate since the pretzel was invented by German monks as a treat for pious children. The shape represents arms crossed in prayer. A kneeling Tebow is pretty much the same thing.

Based on this? Neither IMO, low risk move. If he's cut (again) what's the down side?

I am happy for Gugny though, he was so hoping that TIMTEBOW!!! would get another chance to succeed.

There's no risk in signing a toaster to play QB, but what's the point? Edited by PromoTheRobot

No Michael Sam or Aaron Hernandez? But Tebow gets coverage? Wow.

For many militants in the anti-Tebow camp Aaron Hernandez is less objectionable. Tebow represents a culture war to them. He's a white, pro-life, religious conservative from the south - public enemy #1 to them. Hernandez could easily be explained away as an unfortunate victim of the white privilege of a "culture of intolerance" created by people like Tebow.

He symbolizes everything they hate. What happens on the field has little to do with what makes Tebow such a polarizing figure.

For many militants in the anti-Tebow camp Aaron Hernandez is less objectionable. Tebow represents a culture war to them. He's a white, pro-life, religious conservative from the south - public enemy #1 to them. Hernandez could easily be explained away as an unfortunate victim of the white privilege of a "culture of intolerance" created by people like Tebow.

He symbolizes everything they hate. What happens on the field has little to do with what makes Tebow such a polarizing figure.

i agree.. he is an evangelical christian, not exactly the type of guy who generates much compassion(for lack of a better term)in this day and age whether right or wrong, . easy to pile on him..

Edited by dwight in philly

Well- while he is sort of pied piper to his sheeple, he's also a transparent attention seeker who is constantly saturating the headlines like no other 3rd/4th string NFL qb in history. Working on Sunday alone contradicts his religion

I think most free thinkers are just frankly tired of his schtick .. Wishing he'd stop monopolizing the headlines for this sport in this league he barely can play in....

Well- while he is sort of pied piper to his sheeple, he's also a transparent attention seeker who is constantly saturating the headlines like no other 3rd/4th string NFL qb in history. Working on Sunday alone contradicts his religion

I think most free thinkers are just frankly tired of his schtick .. Wishing he'd stop monopolizing the headlines for this sport in this league he barely can play in....

So he's Doug Flutie's love child? If so he must have gotten his mom's height.

Edited by The Jokeman

He doesn't write the articles.

He also doesn't have a monopoly on religion.

Edited by FireChan

Yeah, Tim Tebow isn't 100% responsible for the attention and headlines he generates. If you don't like the stories/attention then dont read them. Why is that so hard for some people? Should he have not signed with the Eagles because it would be talked about?

I don't love Tim Tebow, but I certainly don't hate him. Good college player who got way over drafted in Denver and somehow found a little success. This is probably his last chance in the NFL as a QB, so good luck Tim.