Scott Chandler gets weepy over leaving Bills

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I don't understand cutting Chandler. He was an average player and would have been a solid #2.

I would much rather have gotten rid of Fred Jackson or Chris Williams and kept Chandler.

It is going to hurt when Fred gets cut in training camp and there is no good #2 TE on the team.

Yeah I don't understand cutting Chandler. He was an average player and would have been a solid #2.

I would much rather have gotten rid of Fred Jackson or Chris Williams and kept Chandler.

It is going to hurt when Fred gets cut in training camp and there is no good #2 TE on the team.

Are you kidding me, cut Fred Jackson!!!

I would rather we cut you. Good day Sir, I said good day.

When did we have a good #2 TE? We now have a better #1 TE, so it's a plus...

Chandler doesn't fit Roman's offense very well at all. As a TE you need to be a good downfield athletic guy like Vernon Davis that can exploit coverages, a versatile H Back hybrid like Clay, or a strong blocker. Chandler is none of those. Why you would play Chandler over Harvin or Woods if he is going to be split wide?

Mark my words: Marquise Grey is going to be solid.

Chandler was a reliable target, but he certainly had his weaknesses. His YAC were terrible. A girl scout could tackle that guy. And, IMHO, I don't think he makes the Pats* 53.

Chandler doesn't fit Roman's offense very well at all. As a TE you need to be a good downfield athletic guy like Vernon Davis that can exploit coverages, a versatile H Back hybrid like Clay, or a strong blocker. Chandler is none of those. Why you would play Chandler over Harvin or Woods if he is going to be split wide?

Could you elaborate on this?

Who goes if Clay can't?

If Roman is half the coach that people say he is, he could've found a way for Scott to be productive.

Mark my words: Marquise Grey is going to be solid.

Chandler was a reliable target, but he certainly had his weaknesses. His YAC were terrible. A girl scout could tackle that guy. And, IMHO, I don't think he makes the Pats* 53.

Could you elaborate on this?

Clay is going to play #1 TE. He's better in just about every way than Chandler, exponentially in this offense. If you play two TEs, you don't want Chandler on the line because he is a weak blocker. If you play two TEs and split one wide, with the other as an HBack or inline, that would be Clay, and there is no reason to play Chandler split wide instead of Percy Harvin or Robert Woods who are better receivers, route runners, and hands than Chandler. So there are few, if any, combinations where he is a better idea than players we have, or asked to do something he doesn't do well.