Scott Chandler gets weepy over leaving Bills

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup on all accounts. Seymour was a very good blocker. The Bills have never had a good TE outside of Warlick in the mid 60s. Even MacKellar wasn't any good. Metz was pretty good.

I thouoght Kevin Everett who was drafted in the third round out of Miami was going to be a good TE. His tragic injury on the field cut his career and almost his life short. He had appealing physical tools but it didn't result in much production on the field.

Gronk was a physical risk prospect who was available for us in the second round. His history of injuries in college made us and many other teams reluctant to drafting him. He was the best TE in the game last year but his reckless physical style of play made it a challenge to keep him on the field. In my mind his return to the field at the end of the season was a very big factor in rhe Pats getting to and winning the SB.

Chandler was a great Bill. And a great TE. Saying he wasn't clutch means you didn't watch him play. Another Hackett victim. I hope he kicks ass for the rest of his career.

Great? Solid yes, soft hands, huge target. But great is a stretch. He was never very good at creating separation making him not an exceptional red zone guy or blocking, which id agrue comprise the leap from good to great

Great? Solid yes, soft hands, huge target. But great is a stretch. He was never very good at creating separation making him not an exceptional red zone guy or blocking, which id agrue comprise the leap from good to great

Maybe not great football player, but a great Buffalo Bill. He definitely loved the city and the team.

That gets points in my book when thinking of him.

Buts its a new era for the Bills

Good post. He was a great FA pickup and was our best TE in a long time. He seems like a great guy but he was one of the worst starting TEs in the league.

Still, I would have keep him as #2 but they don't feel he fits the offense.

Good post. He was a great FA pickup and was our best TE in a long time. He seems like a great guy but he was one of the worst starting TEs in the league.

Still, I would have keep him as #2 but they don't feel he fits the offense.

Agreed. If they kept him, I am not sure he would have survived the 53 because of your last point.