• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"EJ sucks. He's not accurate and his timing is way off."

What's he supposed to say? I wouldn't read too much into it

I don't know, maybe........ Nothing??

They did?

It seemed that way. I don't know if you remember or not, but there were some indirect but not so subtle comments that pretty much showed some of the receivers views of EJ.

Obviously that comparison makes sense given they were both first round picks. A few differences though.

1) Losman sat behind Bledsoe his rookie year. He became a starter his 2nd year, inheriting a 9-7 team, and was brutal completing less than 50% of his passes for under 6 ypa. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LosmJ.00.htm EJ is much further along than JP at this stage of his career.

2) Losman was a decent guy but he was hated by his team. My "source" said he had one friend on the team, Evans. He was not well liked. This was also evident by Troy Vincent and Big Ben comments.

It's the main problem with Jay Cutler. As a QB, if you don't have the lockerroom, guys aren't going to play for you. EJ is a guy everyone on the team likes.

For the maximum of this season's potential to be reached, EJ becomes the starter and Cassel is a quality backup. Anything else puts a ceiling on this season.

I don't who they will replace though. Fred, Wood, or Mario. Great leaders right there.

And I like Woods but I hardly think of him as captain material. too emotional.

I agree with a lot of this

I feel like Losman and EJ are two totally different players......their games are not the same.....and Evans loved Losman because he would get him the ball deep and Lee made good money off that....unfortunately Losman couldnt throw a simple screen pass......I feel like EJ has a LOT more arm talent overall in the schemes that the bills want to run.

I think EJ wins the locker room for the sure fact that he is willing to work. If EJ fails it will not be because he didnt do everything in his power to become a starting NFL QB. If everyone has HIS work ethic on this team we wouldnt have players flaming out the way they do.

Fans about Sammy about EJ: "He's probably not telling the truth" :beer:

Also - and if you didn't watch the video of the presser you didn't see it - but just to the right of Sammy's head as he was answering the question, there was a gun.

Once I saw that, it explained everything. Obviously.

Also - and if you didn't watch the video of the presser you didn't see it - but just to the right of Sammy's head as he was answering the question, there was a gun.

Once I saw that, it explained everything. Obviously.

Yeah, but EJ was holding the weapon, so Sammy felt safe knowing that chances were good EJ would miss the shot.

Yes, the receivers were really down with EJ. As a season ticket holder, I was able to watch the receivers after the plays were over....not visible on TV.....anyhow, they were in total disgust of EJ missing them when they were wide open. Arms thrown in the air......gestures etc. Lots of different spin on why Marrone sat EJ down....but, the receiver group was totally disgusted with EJ, and his lack of accuracy was a stong indication he can't make it in the NFL. So, Sammy making such a statement.....is being supportive... and maybe a signal the wr's (at leastSammy) will give EJ another shot. Marrone really had no choice but to sit EJ last year, he had an insurrection on his hands.

You know, if that's true, the coaches have a lot to answer for.

Every QB misses wide open receivers sometimes, including the very best. There are multiple reasons for this. Sometimes the QB doesn't have time. Sometimes the WR doesn't run the route the QB expects, or not quite as he expects it to be run. Sometimes the QB is indecisive and the timing is off. Sometimes the QB makes a poor throw.

By what I hear from expert analysis (Beurlein etc), our route running was sloppy to poor sometimes. Our OL by jinks was no great shakes. And yes, sometimes EJ made poor throws. There is only one ball. It's the WR job to run crisp routes, block like they mean it, and be ready every play to do their part for the team and not be so highfalutin' finger-pointing sure that it's not their problem as to air their feelings for God, the fans, and national TV.

If the WRs are in fact acting that disgusted while in fact their route running and blocking aren't "all that and a bag of chips" every single plays, it's on the coaches. The coaches need to buy up a box of mirrors and set them straight to keep a lid on it and stay in the trenches or get ready to play "Left Bench".

Edited by Hopeful

I'm certainly not saying he was suppose to say something different. He could have said a lot less though. Again, not saying he should have said less. But saying "that's my guy" is powerful.

I agree. There's a huge difference between "I told him he's my guy whether he's the starter or not" and "I told him he's my guy, whether he's the starter or not." Brown should know better than to editorialize within quotes.

In essence, in the first case he would be expressing doubt to EJ about his starter status, while in the second Sammy would be expressing doubt to the interviewer about it (and whether that should be valid). Much more a vote of confidence to EJ in the latter case.

Yes, the receivers were really down with EJ. As a season ticket holder, I was able to watch the receivers after the plays were over....not visible on TV.....anyhow, they were in total disgust of EJ missing them when they were wide open. Arms thrown in the air......gestures etc. Lots of different spin on why Marrone sat EJ down....but, the receiver group was totally disgusted with EJ, and his lack of accuracy was a stong indication he can't make it in the NFL. So, Sammy making such a statement.....is being supportive... and maybe a signal the wr's (at leastSammy) will give EJ another shot. Marrone really had no choice but to sit EJ last year, he had an insurrection on his hands.

Randy Moss and TO did this with all their QBs too. Receivers are overreacting divas most of the time. Didn't Kelly just talk about how Reed got frustrated with Kelly? Receivers always think they are open or they never make a mistake.

Because Fred is the type of guy that just bottles everything up and keeps it to himself right? :nana:

Ha but Fred uses it positively. I can't imagine FJax being dumb enough to punch a guy and get kicked out of a game.

I agree. There's a huge difference between "I told him he's my guy whether he's the starter or not" and "I told him he's my guy, whether he's the starter or not." Brown should know better than to editorialize within quotes.

In essence, in the first case he would be expressing doubt to EJ about his starter status, while in the second Sammy would be expressing doubt to the interviewer about it (and whether that should be valid). Much more a vote of confidence to EJ in the latter case.

You're overthinking this.

Imo

I agree with a lot of this

I feel like Losman and EJ are two totally different players......their games are not the same.....and Evans loved Losman because he would get him the ball deep and Lee made good money off that....unfortunately Losman couldnt throw a simple screen pass......I feel like EJ has a LOT more arm talent overall in the schemes that the bills want to run.

I think EJ wins the locker room for the sure fact that he is willing to work. If EJ fails it will not be because he didnt do everything in his power to become a starting NFL QB. If everyone has HIS work ethic on this team we wouldnt have players flaming out the way they do.

Great post John. Trust me, if EJ was like Manziel, I would want him off the team.

At minimum it beats what we were hearing about EJ at this time last year.

The real question is has EJ made real progress or has the vibe at OBD just changed from pessimist Doug to optimist Rex?

How do you think Russell Wilson would have been over the first three years of his career under Marrone and Hackett?

All this says to me once again is EJ is no dummy. He's building/built a relationship with the one guy on the roster who can help him succeed more than any other.

Of course Sammy gets no "vote" on who the starting QB is, but he can work harder to get on the same page with one than another. to anyone whose ever thrown a football it's clear "accuracy" includes the "where" and the "when".... The when is what causes more problems for guys at the NFL level than where, and it takes two for that dance.

How do you think Russell Wilson would have been over the first three years of his career under Marrone and Hackett?

Good question. Also, do you think Seattle's defense would have blow 3 4th quarter leads like the Bills defense did EJ's rookie year? Would Seattle ever lose a game where the team scored 31 points like the Bills did to Atl?

Good question. Also, do you think Seattle's defense would have blow 3 4th quarter leads like the Bills defense did EJ's rookie year? Would Seattle ever lose a game where the team scored 31 points like the Bills did to Atl?

So all we need is a historic D.

You know, if that's true, the coaches have a lot to answer for.

Every QB misses wide open receivers sometimes, including the very best. There are multiple reasons for this. Sometimes the QB doesn't have time. Sometimes the WR doesn't run the route the QB expects, or not quite as he expects it to be run. Sometimes the QB is indecisive and the timing is off. Sometimes the QB makes a poor throw.

By what I hear from expert analysis (Beurlein etc), our route running was sloppy to poor sometimes. Our OL by jinks was no great shakes. And yes, sometimes EJ made poor throws. There is only one ball. It's the WR job to run crisp routes, block like they mean it, and be ready every play to do their part for the team and not be so highfalutin' finger-pointing sure that it's not their problem as to air their feelings for God, the fans, and national TV.

If the WRs are in fact acting that disgusted while in fact their route running and blocking aren't "all that and a bag of chips" every single plays, it's on the coaches. The coaches need to buy up a box of mirrors and set them straight to keep a lid on it and stay in the trenches or get ready to play "Left Bench".

A couple of additional comments on this.......

- I get visions of what the poster is talking about (not about to call him a liar it IS possible receivers were acting this way)

however

- This is where a positional coach (and OC) hold a receivers meeting and tell these wide receivers to STFU and do their jobs....realize that they have a young quarterback who is learning his way......show those receivers how EJ didnt have time to throw a lot AND that we were not effectively running the ball to process play action....and act like professionals. YOU ARE GROOMING A YOUNG FIRS ROUND QB......there are gonna be bumps in the road.

- It is interesting in EJ's comments after he was benched where he talked about watching a veteran (Orton) work in the huddle.....does anyone else think that if a WR starting pulling this gas that Orton wouldnt tell them straight out in the huddle to STFU and do your job? That is what being a leader is all about.....control of the huddle......maybe just MAYBE EJ was being too nice or didnt feel he had the tenure to tell wide receivers I will throw it to you when I am god damn good and ready like someone like Orton would?

This is what I was talking about with EJ needing that redshirt first year and watch a vet qb and how he handles his business....EJ Manuel NEEDED that.......