Larry Dean signs with Bucs

Time for me to pick a new example of a guy that shouldn't be dressing on gameday....

Jordan Gay. Not a total waste but we will probably want to have an extra TE in there or safety or Lb in there. We want Roman and Rex to have the whole tool kit to do what they do.

Jordan Gay. Not a total waste but we will probably want to have an extra TE in there or safety or Lb in there. We want Roman and Rex to have the whole tool kit to do what they do.

Yeah, that is what I am thinking as well. The flip side of the argument (and one that I made last year in Gay's favor) is that if you make teams consistently go 80 yards against that Bills defense you are in good shape. The last thing that I want is to be up 2 points late and kick off to Darren Sproles (or someone like that) and have him run the kick out for 65 yards. I go back and forth on Gay. If he was a lights out, automatic touchback I would be all for dressing him every week. He's really good but not perfect.

Yeah, that is what I am thinking as well. The flip side of the argument (and one that I made last year in Gay's favor) is that if you make teams consistently go 80 yards against that Bills defense you are in good shape. The last thing that I want is to be up 2 points late and kick off to Darren Sproles (or someone like that) and have him run the kick out for 65 yards. I go back and forth on Gay. If he was a lights out, automatic touchback I would be all for dressing him every week. He's really good but not perfect.

That's what I think. I'm not totally against him or the idea but he's not automatic. Plus he seemed more important before we had guys like Boobie and Graham as well as some starters playing special teams. Even when he didn't kick them out of the endzone our coverage teams were good.

The main reason I said it is because of the offense and hybrid defense we will run. We have a Fb now. Roman wants three and maybe four TEs. IMO we want a guy like Goodwin even if it's only 10 plays a game. Rex likes to use a lot of safeties and different kinds of LBs. If we sign Spikes and Landry those are two spots we need openings for on game day.

I can assure you that you won't see that from me. If we cut Goodwin and he becomes an elite deep threat you may hear me grumbling however.

Agree on Goodwin. I don't think he gets cut unless they absolutely can't find a draft weekend deal for him. Hogan goes before Goodwin.