Bills comfortable signing "more professional" Dareus

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That kind of talk sounds like they might be trying to set up trade bait. Pro bowl plus mentioning him 'maturing' (i am not 100% sold on that point yet), would only drive his value higher, thus makes no sense if they are looking to extend right now.

No one would trade for a guy about to hit free agency

What would be really nice is if Marcel took a deal that allowed the bills to keep the band together much the same way Jerry Hughes did.....

Hughes took less then what he would have gotten on the open market..........please do the same Marcel.

Suh was overpaid because he was a FA who wanted to leave. Byrd did this. As did Clay and Julius Thomas. Guys like Hughes and Bulaga and Randall Cobb wanted to stay with their current teams and got paid but not overpaid. If the current team and player both want the deal done it will get done. It will probably look more like Gerald mccoy than Suh's if he stays. I expect him to sign an extension prior to FA. I also expect a Mario restructure. Edited by YoloinOhio

Suh was overpaid because he was a FA who wanted to leave. Byrd did this. As did Clay and Julius Thomas. Guys like Hughes and Bulaga and Randall Cobb wanted to stay with their current teams and got paid but not overpaid. If the current team and player both want the deal done it will get done. It will probably look more like Gerald mccoy than Suh's if he stays. I expect him to sign an extension prior to FA. I also expect a Mario restructure.

The question will be just how dominant this front four is this year. The Bills will have a lot of cap tied up in it to keep it together.

That kind of talk sounds like they might be trying to set up trade bait. Pro bowl plus mentioning him 'maturing' (i am not 100% sold on that point yet), would only drive his value higher, thus makes no sense if they are looking to extend right now.

Or just that they are being friendly publicly with what might be the teams best player. Sometimes it's good practice to let a guy know you support his efforts to succeed.

No. Doc said "Less - like Hughes did", not "Less than Hughes did."

(actually he said, "Less then Hughes did" which just doesn't make sense at all.

I agree with just about everything that was said in that article.

Dareus was treading on thin ice at the start of last year.

He's obviously matured and turned his life around - or at least he did last year.

Good for him, because he's looking at a massive contract instead of an uncertain future.

Just curious if anyone thinks Marrone had a positive influence on Dareus turning things around? There were reports that had several sit downs, obviously expected of a HC after what Dareus did, but maybe Doug did actually help him.

Just curious if anyone thinks Marrone had a positive influence on Dareus turning things around? There were reports that had several sit downs, obviously expected of a HC after what Dareus did, but maybe Doug did actually help him.

yes, I think he did. Marrone believed in him. Also probably Pepper Johnson. And his line-mates. After hughes realized racing him down McKinley wasn't the best method of bonding. Kyle is his mentor. I also think Pegula is on his side. He used to own the agency that represents him.

They were taking about this story on WGR today and pointed out how whaley said "if Dareus doesnt have a setback 'soon' they are comfortable with the huge payday." That could imply they have a deadline in their minds that he needed to get through a season and offseason without getting in trouble. He's made it through almost until OTAs so I'm guessing they feel good about it.

They also gave a relationship with his agent since Pegs used to own the agency that reps him until recently.