Bills to pick up 5th year option on Gilmore- update: Done!

Exactly. What people don't get is that he disappears for periods in games. That's because teams never throw at high.

To act like a cb should never give up a completion is just dumb. IF Gilmore was cocky and flashier, some fans would like him more. But he plays the most physically demanding position in a league that wants completions and does a great job.

He was a great draft pick.

PREACH... I've been saying for a long time, a "shutdown" corner doesn't mean that cb never gives up receptions. They don't give up difference-making receptions. Gilmore was shutdown the last half of last season. He was relatively healthy and it showed. Teams don't throw at him very often. He's gotten progressively better since his rookie year. Hopefully, he has an injury free lead up to the regular season. I think we'll see him take the next step if that's the case. And the next step for him is elite status.

Edited by purple haze

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is good to hear, particularly with regards to Rex's D. I'm surprised there wasn't more talk in the "Sign Revis" thread about how good Gilmore has become.

I think too, many here were dreaming of a Revis/Gilmore backfield... people seem pretty mixed on Leodis. I often see people here writing him off, saying we should cut, or trade him. I think they are nuts.

If he plays this coming season, like he did in Pettines' defense (really Rex's defense) in 2013, I think Gimore/McKelvin will be just fine. Leodis has no problem covering, but he has struggled at times to make plays on the ball... by that, I don't necessarily mean making interceptions, but simply knocking the ball away...he has improved substantially in the last two seasons. We all seem to know, or accept, that not every great Quarterback comes to the pros, game-ready. We should probably extend the same patience to corners... very likely the second hardest position to transition from college to the pros.

Edited by Buftex

They just know they have him next year. In the off season, or maybe even during this year when they see what he does with Rex, they can extend him, give him a boatload of cash, and lower his cap hit to 5-6m for next year. Bet on it.

I know, right? Isn't it refreshing to not have the same old concerns we used to about whether the FO would make smart, forward-thinking decisions?

A big spending owner in El Petulante, an unshackled cap guru in Overdorf, an aggressive GM/HC tandem in Whaley/Rex...what more could we ask for?

(don't say QB)

I know, right? Isn't it refreshing to not have the same old concerns we used to about whether the FO would make smart, forward-thinking decisions?

A big spending owner in El Petulante, an unshackled cap guru in Overdorf, an aggressive GM/HC tandem in Whaley/Rex...what more could we ask for?

(don't say QB)

Brandon Spikes could have made us robes. No wonder they didn't resign him yet, that ungreatful gator

• 1 month later...

Nothing makes him happy Gilmore. I don't think he has teeth. At least I've never seen them. I'll never forget how excited he looked when we drafted him.

South Carolina people said the same thing. He's a serious dude. He's already married and has a child. I think if he was more rah-rah, some fans would think he is a better player.

The price for replacing Gilmore if we did not extend him is that also we would be playing the market and also having the market play us. Gilmore demonstrated his value to m when a ding took him out of one of games last season and the opposing QB/OC picked on his back-up Brooks.

Gilmore is worth being the highest price CB w have cause he is best CB on this team.

Remember his reaction when he was drafted?

A lot of us thought it was because Buffalo drafted him.......I saw a player that was like "ok...this crap is over now I can actually get to work"

He spoke about that moment after the draft. He was actually happy, and reflecting on all he had worked so hard on for all that time that had gotten him to this point.