Kiko or Woods?

Kiko or Woods?  

193 members have voted

1. 1. In lieu of the report that the Bills could have traded Kiko or Woods for Shady, which would you have rather traded?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Much rather have Woods than Kiko. Watkins-Woods-Harvin-Clay is some serious weaponry, but at the time we didn't have Harvin or Clay. If we had moved Woods and whiffed in FA, we would have needed to take a receiver in the 2nd or 3rd. We still look pretty solid at linebacker, especially if we resign Spikes.

If they knew they were going to end up getting Percy, they would've dealt Woods. But they didn't know.

Knowing that the Eagles were interested in Woods and/or picks, though, they could solve the OL issue real quick by offering Woods for Mathis.

Wrong

This is a great thread

Woods can be a very very good #2 WR to Watkins. Hopefully he just gets better and better and re-signs like Cobb did in Green Bay.

I think Kiko will be a bust in Philly if they play him at MLB. Still think he could be very good at OLB. His best fit may have been last year with Scwartz or a new team that plays a 4-3 with him at OLB.

No way they trade a 2nd year up and coming WR for a 33 year old guard. Many around the league look at Woods as the most polished receiver coming out of USC and he hasn't done anything to dispell that. His skillset has no where to go but up. This is really interesting though. Seems Bills really thought Kiko was damaged goods. Granted seems he faded as his rookie year progressed, but he is still viewed as a stud. On paper with Harvin I would have kept Kiko and traded Woods, but honestly its a toss up.

I don't think it's that at all. Like Rex said, Shady wasn't going to come cheap, and Kiko is a great player. But it's just much higher odds Kiko will have future injury trouble given what's happened to that knee twice now, so that is something that had to be factored in when choosing who to deal to the Eagles.

Woods is talented but how useful can a talented receiver be without a QB who can get him the ball? I think I would have rather traded him away and kept Kiko unless we miraculously find a franchise QB soon.

i guess I look at it differently. Though I think he has talent, the defense was better without Kiko than with him. The offense would be worse without woods imo. They would need to use a draft pick to replace him. Harvin is essentially on a one year deal and really isn't a similar type of WR. I don't think you get rid of talent at the WR position if you don't have an elite QB. I think you need better talent at that position to boost the chance of success in the passing game. Those passes he caught in the Jets game were far from perfect throws from Orton.

Woods is talented but how useful can a talented receiver be without a QB who can get him the ball? I think I would have rather traded him away and kept Kiko unless we miraculously find a franchise QB soon.

Yawn

Have you seen some of the catches he has made?

I like his play but his open distaste for the qb on the field was admittedly frustrating. Especially when he had his own hiccups. I think he's a good one but it was not the best look to pitch a fit when a ball was off target and then turn around and drop an easy catch.

Yeah, that was bothersome. I think Kiko was great too. But Kiko was the right move for the team. Unless we have 2 LBs injured during the year.

Edited by bowery4

I seriously can't believe we traded Kiko when we could have traded woods instead.

This totally ruins my view of the trade.

I like woods, but he is hardly elite or really necessary given what we have at receiver. Basically could have traded a 40-catch guy instead of a star LB.

Edit: from the article, it sounded like Rex made the final call on this. I think Whaley would know our own players better than Rex at this stage. Woods had one monster game last year and it was against the Jets-- gotta wonder if Rex's view is biased based on that game.

Edited by JR in Pittsburgh

I seriously can't believe we traded Kiko when we could have traded woods instead.

This totally ruins my view of the trade.

I like woods, but he is hardly elite or really necessary given what we have at receiver. Basically could have traded a 40-catch guy instead of a star LB.

Edit: from the article, it sounded like Rex made the final call on this. I think Whaley would know our own players better than Rex at this stage. Woods had one monster game last year and it was against the Jets-- gotta wonder if Rex's view is biased based on that game.

I agree with this. I like Woods, but he is relatively expendable on a run-first team with 3 "star" receiving threats, plus McCoy.

Of course, at the time of the trade, they had no idea they were going to land Harvin. If they knew that, it might've gone differently.

this is fascinating. love to see robby woods getting some love! dude does not get talked about enough.

also i think the two acls thing is getting underplayed.

Exactly. I like Kiko, but I thought he was getting overplayed a bit, and that #legendofkiko was more important than two ACL tears, and hip surgery in the past four or five years. Woods is a tough dude, great route runner and really good hands. He's the perfect compliment to Sammy. Bills dealt Kiko from a position of strength. Bradham and Brown made Kiko the obvious choice. Trade Rob and Bills would have to take a WR in the draft, when we need to draft OL/DL/LB, or sign another one in FA who is not as good, or cheap (Rob still on rookie deal.)

Now next year if a trade for Brees or Rivers is possible, Rob is probably a player who will have to be included.

Edited by purple haze

This seems inconsistent with Chip Kelly's philosophy. He wants O line and a qb first and foremost and has never placed too much emphasis on WR's in the same way the Patriots don't care about running backs.

If he cared that much they would have kept Maclin and signed Harvin.

1) sammy has a tough guy rep but was playing with broken ribs. He probably shouldn't have been on the field for a bit so I'll take him not taking on defenders sometimes last year.

2) woods likely sees no reduction in snap count, honestly

3) I like woods but sammy is a better wr.

I was going to write the exact same post. Thanks for saving me a minute or two.