Favorite Play by Play announcer

Beerball

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jon Miller

A giant F.U. TO Angelos. Miller was the freaking best with the O's.

Love Gary Thorne and Bill Clement together on NHL. Those two meant big NHL game. Loved them.

Weird, Thorne does the O's now, never sounds right to me.

I also love Doc On hockey.

Wayne Larrive for the Packers is pretty damn good.

I used to like Jack Buck for baseball.

Steve "Homer" True for Marquette basketball does an excellent job as well.

Edited by Show Me The Baby

I'll leave RJ and Van Miller off because they're so obvious to anyone who grew up with them.

Curt Gowdy would be next for me. Not to many guys smoke anymore so they don't have that gravelly voice that Gowdy had.

I also love Rick Peckam, who has been doing the Tampa Bay Lightening broadcasts for years. He cut his teeth with the Amerks and was terrific.

I also love Rick Peckam, who has been doing the Tampa Bay Lightening broadcasts for years. He cut his teeth with the Amerks and was terrific.

Hate that dude and his goal call...reminds me of a dog that just took a shot to the nuts.

Mike Tirico.

I actually have come to like Tirico as well, and I'll admit something that will probably get some ribbing, but I absolutely dig listening to Jon Gruden as the color guy. I know a lot of people hate him because everything is the best in the world, but for reasons I can't explain, he cracks me. By the time you watch Caliendo do an impression of him, it just makes the real Gruden that much funnier.

Edited by LABillzFan

I actually have come to like Tirico as well, and I'll admit something that will probably get some ribbing, but I absolutely dig listening to Jon Gruden as the color guy. I know a lot of people hate him because everything is the best in the world, but for reasons I can't explain, he cracks me. By the time you watch Caliendo do an impression of him, it just makes the real Gruden that much funnier.

Gruden has grown on me, for sure.

I love Tirico because he is really knowledgeable. He is even better as a college bball announcer.

Guys like Jim Nantz drive me crazy. They know almost nothing about sports. I was watching a game yesterday where a guy was fouled and made the bucket, and Nantz actually said: "plus 1." Come on, man.