Bills making a playoff run next year?

Joshua25

Its also very difficult for a 1st year coach to install his system and have early success.That takes time.Talent has to mesh perfectly to have great success.There will be an adjustment period and not having a QB makes that more difficult.

Does the same apply to players as well. like QB?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They got to that point in spite of how terrible Johnson played.

The point is, they did get to that point. There is no guarantee if Flutie played they would have even made it that far. And I was not in favor of Johnson playing, I wanted Flutie to play.

Its also very difficult for a 1st year coach to install his system and have early success.That takes time.Talent has to mesh perfectly to have great success.There will be an adjustment period and not having a QB makes that more difficult.

With regard to there being an "adjustment period" for a new coach, the defensive system could be similar to the one instilled by Pettine two years ago, so defense hopefully will not drop off too much from this year (if at all). On the offensive side, we sucked anyway so there's nowhere to go but up.

Is the DC coz you live in DC. If it is I can understand your scepticism on trying to just buy success. What Doug Whaley is doing though is different. We've kept an outstanding D intact so performance is proven. We've brought in a coach that has proven he can go deep in the playoffs with a sub-par QB (Sanchez). We've addressed most of the glaring holes predraft - the draft will help with some of the remaining ones. We've brought in a OC who shares the coaches mindset and has shown he can do it. Kool-Aid or not I'm drinking it and this year it actually looks and tastes pretty good.

No, it's because I'm a defensive coordinator.

My point was: of course they're trying to get to the playoffs. They're not spending money hand-over-fist to lose.

The Bills are clearly loading up for a run, but are at a disadvantage because the Patriots are in the division. Will likely be fighting for a wild card spot, but were only a couple games shy of that with last years talent. Other teams in the AFC East have improved as well. Give the Bills credit for their most aggressive offseason in recent memory.

Prediction: Wildcard, but with a first round playoff loss. Give or take. In 11 months I won't be arguing if the Bills find themselves with an elite defense and an excellent all around offense with the exception of QB. Because that would mean that the moves made this year are working out well. The Bills would be a very desirable location for any free agent QB that might be looking for a/another ring before hanging up the cleats. If not, they could find one via trade or sell out for one in the draft. They'd be set up well to justify that.

Yes, I belive we will be hearing about how Matt Cassel has the chance to turn into the next Rich Gannon---a middling QB most of his career until he went to a very offensively talented team in the Raiders and turned into a probowler...and if you look at a comparison of Cassel and Gannon's stats they are eerily similar prior to Gannon getting to Oakland...

Cassel will have every weapon a QB could ever dream of at his disposal here

Edited by matter2003

The Bills are clearly loading up for a run, but are at a disadvantage because the Patriots are in the division. Will likely be fighting for a wild card spot, but were only a couple games shy of that with last years talent. Other teams in the AFC East have improved as well. Give the Bills credit for their most aggressive offseason in recent memory.

If the Bills, Fish and NYETS all take a victory (and not a freebee) from the Cheaters then the road is that much easier.

I removed AFCE teams for the obvious reason

Putrids

Home: Tennessee Titans, Pittsburgh Steelers, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins

Away: Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, Denver Broncos, Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants

ooohhh I like the above away schedule - The Giants look to be their easiest opponent. 3 maybe 4 very tough games the the Putrids to overcome!!

Buffalo

Home: Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, Cincinnati Bengals, Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants

Away: Jacksonville Jaguars [London], Tennessee Titans, Kansas City Chiefs, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins

Away team advantage - Buffalo

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever