LaCanfora - Fins best Positioned to Knock Off Pats

That's a big point that's been buried lately.

Say what you will about Rex, but he's a better HC in his sleep Philbin is awake. Same for Roman vs. Lazor...

This made me laugh. I envisioned a bed on the sideline and Rex really sleeping on it while Philbin was wide awake shouting and jumping ala tom cruise episode on oprah show and bills still winning.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like EJ with a good coach, a non-rookie OC and Head Coach, and all the weapons at his disposal. When you factor in the total mediocrity of last year's offense, it's sort of a miracle that they went 9-7. Tannehill doesn't do much for me. I don't get the scrote scrubbing of Miami by this guy. He actually said they got better by losing players. OK. And what are they going to do with that extra 5th round pick? Wait, they surrendered a 3rd for Stills. So maybe they didn't stockpile a bunch of picks like he said at the top of the article.

What a moron.

I will say this about EJ

You could TOTALLY see that he was thinking too much out there with the last coaching staff

"dont turn the ball over"

You could see it in the way he carried himself on the field.......

Then he got benched

Then you could clearly see he was pissed even though he took the benching with charactor........"well if I ever get another chance I am gonna start slinging it"

To be perfectly honest....I think you are going to see a LOT of interceptions at the start of camp from EJ Manuel.....and as time goes on you will see them diminish. Lets just see what happens.

Ok guys. To be fair Tannehil played adequately down the stretch and their defense is going to be very good. A healthy Cameron probably is an upgrade over Clay. Jets also improved greatly.

It is all about EJ, Cassell, and whoever is quarterback of the Jets. Pats lost a ton froma a defense that was just average.

The AFC East is wide open.

Ok guys. To be fair Tannehil played adequately down the stretch and their defense is going to be very good. A healthy Cameron probably is an upgrade over Clay. Jets also improved greatly.

It is all about EJ, Cassell, and whoever is quarterback of the Jets. Pats lost a ton froma a defense that was just average.

The AFC East is wide open.

I like Cameron a lot (USC guy), but he's not really an upgrade. He's a different kind of player, very good when healthy, but does different things than Clay. The key though is whether or not Cameron's able to hold up for 16+ games without another concussion. It's an injury you can't predict and he quite literally could be on the IR after a non-contact 7 on 7 drill in camp. That's gotta scare the fins a little, which is why the contract is easy to void.

These are good points, but I'm going to harp on one thing (again): The Bills were really 8-8 team last year, not a 9-7 team. If the final game had meant anything to the Pats, barring an act of god they would have annihilated the Bills.

Annihilated? Really?

Jason La Canfora has a piece today saying that in the AFC arms race the Dolphins are in the best position to take down the Pats as the division champs (but still says NE is by far the class of the division).

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/25114104/in-afc-east-arms-race-dolphins-look-most-ready-to-challenge-pats

I'll admit I'm a homer with bias, but I don't see how Miami got much better than last season - they lost 4 of their top 6 receivers and gained a nice TE who has injury problems. Suh is nice to have, but he can't be your entire defense. I they do seem to have the best QB not named Brady, but who's he throwing to and who is running the ball?

I think the Jets have made some decent moves and will have a solid defense - I see them ahead of Miami.

Everyone points out the obvious - the Bills lack a QB - but we went 9-7 last year and have gotten better in the offseason - with a QB is capable, not spectatcular, I think we improve on that 9-7 and contend. Just really don't know how Miami is best positioned to challenge....

Agree with your post overall, but you're certainly understating the Suh effect. "Suh is nice to have." Suh is a game-changer, combine him with Wake and you've got a DL that is crazy good. I mean it's no cold front, but its probably a top-5 DL. That defensive will be annoying to deal with next year, especially with our interior OL being what it is.

I agree the Pats would have annihilated the Bills. They obviously didn't care, on both sides of the ball, I'm willing to bet all their locker room could talk about was playoffs.

To the original topic, really La Canfora? I struggle to see how the Fins have improved much if at all, actually believe they are probably worse then last year.

Without Mike Wallace who is gonna stretch the field? Sure he didn't produce well and was overpaid, but he was the only one keeping Safeties honest.

Their run game doesn't scare anybody average to below average.

If Tannehill doesn't take another step, which is a valid question I'm willing to bet that offense is in big trouble.

Suh improves that line but they still aren't a top 5 D. Probably between 8-15.

I don't hate the Dolphins as much due to being a younger fan but still don't think much of them at all.

I will say this about EJ

You could TOTALLY see that he was thinking too much out there with the last coaching staff

You could see it in the way he carried himself on the field.......

Then he got benched

Then you could clearly see he was pissed even though he took the benching with charactor........"well if I ever get another chance I am gonna start slinging it"

To be perfectly honest....I think you are going to see a LOT of interceptions at the start of camp from EJ Manuel.....and as time goes on you will see them diminish. Lets just see what happens.

I'm thinking similar... a chip on his shoulder will lead to a few bad decisions... but a few bad decisions by a young player? Totally normal as they gain experience.

If my memory serves me correctly, wasn't Miami anointed the team to dethrone New England after their spending spree in free agency two years ago when they signed all those players they have now cut or traded? Games are won on the field and nobody knows how the season will play out in 2015....

Also, I could care less what La Canfora has to say about how any team is going to fare - especially in March

Jason La Canfora has a piece today saying that in the AFC arms race the Dolphins are in the best position to take down the Pats as the division champs (but still says NE is by far the class of the division).

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/25114104/in-afc-east-arms-race-dolphins-look-most-ready-to-challenge-pats

I'll admit I'm a homer with bias, but I don't see how Miami got much better than last season - they lost 4 of their top 6 receivers and gained a nice TE who has injury problems. Suh is nice to have, but he can't be your entire defense. I they do seem to have the best QB not named Brady, but who's he throwing to and who is running the ball?

I think the Jets have made some decent moves and will have a solid defense - I see them ahead of Miami.

Everyone points out the obvious - the Bills lack a QB - but we went 9-7 last year and have gotten better in the offseason - with a QB is capable, not spectatcular, I think we improve on that 9-7 and contend. Just really don't know how Miami is best positioned to challenge....

La Conf is a blow hard.