QB Bryce Petty - Pick #50?

KDIGGZ

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw Petty on a preview of Gruden's QB Camp. Gruden said last year Derek Carr lit up the practice field with his throwing. This year the guy that did that out of all of them was Bryce Petty. The guy is well spoken and he is way more than mature of what I have seen from the other guys. The guy is going to be a star

First, the Bills need to draft players at positions of need in the early rounds of the draft. They need more depth at linebacker and an upgrade at guard. Quarterback is just not a position that they need to reach for in the draft. This is even more apparent from them signing of Cassel and Taylor. Even if they dropped Tuel, they still already have 3 guys that they have told will compete for the starting job. To me, it's a logic fallacy that now the front office would draft a quarterback early and essentially destroy any opportunity for the team to build chemistry. Second and more important is that Petty is projecting right now to be a 3rd-4th round pick value. Drafting Petty in the 2nd would essentially be a repeat of what the organization did with Manuel and completely unnecessary. Petty should be the 5th or 6th quarterback drafted this year and almost certainly a 3rd round pick or later.

Threw the ball as good or better than the top 2 at the combine. Had less picks than Winston. The year before Petty had like 38 tds and 4 picks. Something like that. Hurt his back and still had a decent yr. Throws a really nice deep ball. Hits receivers when their open. Something our Qbs could not.

Saw Petty on a preview of Gruden's QB Camp. Gruden said last year Derek Carr lit up the practice field with his throwing. This year the guy that did that out of all of them was Bryce Petty. The guy is well spoken and he is way more than mature of what I have seen from the other guys. The guy is going to be a star

Whoa.....calling Petty a future star is pretty big stuff. The guy is just so raw and needs A LOT of work. He likely needs a few years of sitting on the sidelines before he's ready for the NFL. We should have learned from EJ that being a good NFL QB is more than just being a nice guy and having a strong arm.

Leave the QB situation as it is until next year. We're not as bad off as people think we are. We'll get through this season just fine at 10-6 at the least.

We are as bad as people think we are. How many teams would any QB we have start for? That number has to be pretty low. If the Jets or Dolphins had a QB competition of Cassel, EJ, Taylor and Tuel would we as Bills fans feel worried or would we laugh at the trash pile competing for the starting job?

I have a hunch he won't be there at 50. I could be wrong, but I think he'll be at least solid (and in time better than any qb on the Bills roster at present).

Yep and then how dumb are we going to feel when we look back and we all said nah we are ok at QB with Matt Cassel and EJ Manuel? Nah we didn't need Russell Wilson, we had Ryan Fitzpatrick. Nah Drew Brees has a bad back let's stick with JP Losman. We are always going to have holes on our team but the biggest one is and will always be QB

We are as bad as people think we are. How many teams would any QB we have start for? That number has to be pretty low. If the Jets or Dolphins had a QB competition of Cassel, EJ, Taylor and Tuel would we as Bills fans feel worried or would we laugh at the trash pile competing for the starting job?

Good way to put it. Our QB situation is clearly one of the worst in the league.

I have a hunch he won't be there at 50. I could be wrong, but I think he'll be at least solid (and in time better than any qb on the Bills roster at present).

Didn't you also like Johnny Football? How is that looking?

For guys at Texas A & M and Baylor, the star player is the offenses they play in. Wide open throws to their first read to very good skill players. The qb is interchangeable.

Petty is JAG IMO.

He's more mature because he's closer to the coaches' ages than a rookie's. :)

Didn't you also like Johnny Football? How is that looking?

For guys at Texas A & M and Baylor, the star player is the offenses they play in. Wide open throws to their first read to very good skill players. The qb is interchangeable.

Petty is JAG IMO.

He's more mature because he's closer to the coaches' ages than a rookie's. :)

BS as usual

He's 23. I think that's how old Russell Wilson was too. He's no Brandon Weeden or anything

He's going to be 24 in May. Not Weeden style but that's old for a rookie.

BS as usual

I'd criticize this post and compare it to your other ones, but I don't even know who you are.