Charles Clay REPORT: Dolphins won't match offer sheet

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Untrue, IMO. And it's not to be a decoy. It's to be a weapon, a blocker on sweeps, to disguise whether we are going to run or pass by going in motion out of the backfield or on the wing as an HBack, to catch balls down the seams, to be a FB on some plays, to run out of the backfield, to pass protect, etc. The only reason he is not going to be putting up huge numbers is because we have five legit weapons, not two or three or four like every other team, and we are going to spread the ball around. He's extremely versatile and the kind of player that Roman loves to use 6-7 different ways. That's where his value is, not as a common TE.

He's not the best TE in the league but he's the best that kind of TE in the league.

Excellent analysis. More Kelly gold. :thumbsup:

Believe me, I want him but, it looks like DW made it favorable for us no matter which way it goes!

All hail DW!!!

I'm guessing this is all Overdorf. This is his specialty. Whaley may have simply told him he wants and we have to be creative given the circumstance.

Actaully I'm guessing Overdorf is feeling rejuvenated and like a whole different person now in his role. He knows capology and is actually getting to use his skills.

Per source, Dolphins will not be matching the offer for TE Charles Clay. He'll become a member of the Bills.

Schefter just tweeted this as well.

Dolphins are NOT matching 5-year, $38 million offer sheet that Buffalo gave TE Charles Clay, per sources. Bills have a new TE.

Edited by infernus