RELEASE TUEL AND TAKE FLYER ON SHAUB

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like that he will take shots downfield. Captain checkdown he is not.

We need that attitude around here. Tuel plays (correctly) like his job is to deliver the ball to playmakers, instead of staring at the defense waiting for the perfect guy to get perfectly open.

Tuel !!!

:thumbsup:

Edited by Blue on Blue

IF the Bills were still looking to bring in more QB, I wouldn't have an issue with adding Schaub on a cheap deal, or throwing in someone younger like Josh Freeman or trading a late pick for someone like Barkley. I wouldn't get into a bidding war or break the bank on any of them, but if they wanted another option to add to the QB contest I would take a chance on one of those guys

Remember when people thought Barkley would be a top ten pick.

Schaub is broken. His arm just looks shot. What was, was, and he's not the same guy. When Christian Ponder is considered an upgrade over Schaub it's time to call it a career.

Depends on what criteria was used to determine that Ponder was an upgrade. For instance , if wives were a criteria...

As I mentioned on page 1, Schaub had tendonitis in the elbow last year. While he claims it was a new problem, he might have just been trying to put a positive spin on things.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2174653-matt-schaub-injury-updates-on-raiders-qbs-tendonitis-and-return

The question is he truly recovered or is his elbow permanently shot? I'd be wary.

Thanks for the input guys, just throwing thoughts out there, a free flow of ideas and reasoned discussion is good.

for sure Man !!! :thumbsup:

We already got a usedtobe to go along with a wannabe, a tryingtobe, and a willneverbe. No room for another one here.

no we dont!

we only have 3 of those Bills requirements fulfilled right now.

We need one more semi functional <QB to complete the magic equation

Tuel occupies a spot on the PRACTICE SQUAD

What other quarterback do you want to pick up that will qualify to be on the PRACTICE SQUAD?

PRACTICE SQUAD Eligibility

Practice squads are considered to be for developmental purposes. Therefore, veterans are not eligible to be signed to the practice squad. In fact, players with more than one year of accrued NFL service are not eligible. Here is a closer look at the eligibility requirements.

• A player is eligible if he does not have an accrued season of NFL experience. Players gain an accrued season by being on the active roster for at least six games.
  • If a player has one accrued season, they can still be practice squad eligible if they were on the 45-man active gameday roster for less than nine regular season games.
  • A player is deemed to have served a season on the practice squad if he remains on the practice squad for at least three weeks. Players are eligible to be on the practice squad for two seasons.
  • Players can be eligible for a third practice squad season if their team maintains no less than 53 players on the active/inactive list at all times.

RELEASE TUEL AND BRING IN TEBOW!!!!!!!…….damn sorry i just read about tebow.

i'd take a look at Shaub and if he can compete bring him in for training camp

why not?

Because it would be a waste of time and money

Matt Shaub released. If I were the Bills brain trust I would release Tuel and bring in Shaub for a three way battle for the Bille QB. Tuel vs Shaub, I am sure Shaub would win that battle anyday. It is possible he could beat out EJ for our 3rd or 2nd string QB.

Did you even watch Schaub play the last few years? He is DONE! I would rather beg Orton to come out of retirement again and I don't want to see Orton in a Bills uniform again

What would releasing Tuel from the practice squad have to do with signing Schaub?