Who will be WR2 in 2015?

93 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be WR2 in 2015?

• Robert Woods
    • Percy Harvin

Sammy is obviously WR1. Who will be on the field in two wide-receiver sets, Harvin or Woods? In three wide-receiver sets, who will be in the slot?

So you're saying Hogan was only the 1 last year because of Marrone?

I agree with Yolo and think Hogan drops all the way to 4 or 5.

If we get clay, which looks good right now, I don't think we are going to have as many traditional groupings as most every other team. Because we will now be using a FB and an HB we are likely to be changing groupings almost every play. I'm sure they convinced Harvin and Clay and Felton that we are going to be controlling the ball and picking up a lot of first downs and our defense is stout so there are going to be a lot of plays on offense to spread the ball around.

But I think game by game and series by series we will see all kinds of combinations and woods and Harvin will likely see similar amounts of plays.

i voted Woods. Depends on the formation. And who is the better blocker.

In Roman's system, methinks the better blocker will see the field more in 2wr sets.

If its 3 wide, I dunno. Harvin is shifty in the slot. And I'd like to see more G88dwin for stretching the field.

Tough call... I know Harvin has been wanting a "traditional" role on offense, instead of being "gadgety", so maybe part of his agreement was to get a legitimate shot at WR2. That being said, he's a natural for slot/gadget... and we'd be smart to use him like that.

Kinda feel bad for Hogan, he was becoming a gamer last year, but he's definitely going to be riding the bench now, unless Harvin does something stupid.

Tough call... I know Harvin has been wanting a "traditional" role on offense, instead of being "gadgety", so maybe part of his agreement was to get a legitimate shot at WR2. That being said, he's a natural for slot/gadget... and we'd be smart to use him like that.

Kinda feel bad for Hogan, he was becoming a gamer last year, but he's definitely going to be riding the bench now, unless Harvin does something stupid.

Unless...he plays corner

So you're saying Hogan was only the 1 last year because of Marrone?

Sounds about right to me. Hogan wasn't garbage, as some around here act, but he certainly had a lot more opportunities to redeem himself than most guys were given. It seemed that Marrone & co. were determined that Hogan was our 3rd guy, no matter what, good or bad.

Robert Woods, obviously.

Agreed with your whole post. Hogan will see plenty of reps though.

Goodwin....????? Maybe cut loose, to brittle for the pro game says the history. But, w the great speed, somebody will go looking at him. Maybe Jacksoville with his true believers on staff down there. Actually, I think the WR group is pretty full....Watkins, Wood, Harvin, Hogan, Goodwin, and....our special teams ace....who is allegedly a wr.Mr Easley. Will we keep 6...maybe if we can't hire more tight ends.......

Sounds about right to me. Hogan wasn't garbage, as some around here act, but he certainly had a lot more opportunities to redeem himself than most guys were given. It seemed that CERTAIN POSTERS WERE PUSHING THAT Marrone & co. were determined that Hogan was our 3rd guy, no matter what, good or bad

Correction.

Goodwin....????? Maybe cut loose, to brittle for the pro game says the history. But, w the great speed, somebody will go looking at him. Maybe Jacksoville with his true believers on staff down there. Actually, I think the WR group is pretty full....Watkins, Wood, Harvin, Hogan, Goodwin, and....our special teams ace....who is allegedly a wr.Mr Easley. Will we keep 6...maybe if we can't hire more tight ends.......

6 seems like a lot for a team that plans to run first. Goodwin has to be the one to go if they drop to 5. I've always liked his potential, but it won't be a huge loss given his actual output while here.