Goodwin still reading his twitter mentions I see

He probably didn't play because they can't dress a guy that gets hurt every game.

I like him, but I think this is the end of the road for him.

Sadly, we could have drafted Markus Wheaton-- who is a similar speedster but much more durable. He was taken by the steelers one pick after goodwin, and has developed into a solid player.

i like the dood. Because he is a football player who is fast, instead of a fast guy trying to play football.

He might have to play special teams really well to make the squad. I am not in favor of us getting Harvin, partly because of its impact on G88dwin.

He probably didn't play because they can't dress a guy that gets hurt every game.

I like him, but I think this is the end of the road for him.

Sadly, we could have drafted Markus Wheaton-- who is a similar speedster but much more durable. He was taken by the steelers one pick after goodwin, and has developed into a solid player.

The difference between Goodwin and any other guy like him is that he has truly world class speed. That extra gear he has on those go routs and that extra bit of separation are what makes him special. If we had a QB that could always deliver that throw, or I should say deliver any throw on the field, he would be a constant threat. Plus, he has shown he can run routes and catch. Durability is really the only issue. I get why they drafted him and not Wheaton, but it's a shame things haven't gone so smoothly.

The difference between Goodwin and any other guy like him is that he has truly world class speed. That extra gear he has on those go routs and that extra bit of separation are what makes him special. If we had a QB that could always deliver that throw, or I should say deliver any throw on the field, he would be a constant threat. Plus, he has shown he can run routes and catch. Durability is really the only issue. I get why they drafted him and not Wheaton, but it's a shame things haven't gone so smoothly.

run routes, yep 3 of them. Go route/flare, deep post and a 16 yard outside hook.

He cants run crossing routes or under routes or anything short of 8-9 yards and must be outside to avoid LB's, which is funny because that's where he needs to be to exploit this "world class speed". Most DB's can keep up with him

You are probably right. Wheaton is no slouch (4.4 40), but I think Goodwin was around a 4.2.

I just remember those back-to-back picks, and Kiper, et al. basically suggesting that we missed out on the better receiver. I think we did, in hindsight.

i like the dood. Because he is a football player who is fast, instead of a fast guy trying to play football.

He might have to play special teams really well to make the squad. I am not in favor of us getting Harvin, partly because of its impact on G88dwin.

Spot on about who Goodwin is. Unfortunately, durability has been issue...hes young, so is it bad luck or is it a chronic issue. Fred Taylor was labeled injury prone and made of glass early in his career, Matt Stafford too...yet they got that behind them and went on to have relatively healthy careers (Staffords still going of course) and have high levels of success.

But this is a big TC for Goodwin...I think his talent is too good to let go, and with Harvin here you have 2 talented guys who can fill similar roles (obviously Harvin is more accomplished thus far) that have had the injury bug a lot in the career...so not a bad idea to keep both as you are more likely to have a weapon of their skill set every week regardless if one is hurt. I would rather see Goodwin stay than Hogan because who knows if Harvin is here more than this year given its a 1 year deal. Hogan is solid, but he isn't a special talent. With Watkins, Woods, and Harvin, we got a lot of talent there, so lets keep the guy with most upside, especially since he's only had 2 seasons here and no QB to help him develop.

I am going to cheer for him. I really like the Kid.
But it was useless as TJ running deep when no one can get the ball to him. and Graham couldn't catch.

Goodwin can.

We have real coaches now.

Lets see what they think shall we?

Go Bills!

Edited by 3rdand12

I would hold onto Giodwin. Not cut him. He has trade value.

He and Harvin in essence take the same role so given both players injury history they should be sable to cover fir each other.

I think you're right, he does have trade value. I think he may get dealt draft weekend, if not sooner. I like the guy way more than most on here. I think he's a football player, not just a sprinter, who's had a few unlucky breaks, last year for me was a wash because of St. Doug's scheme. If they don't deal him, I think he can still make plays for this team even with Harvin... but he's on the outside looking in right now.