Will the Bills ever sign Charles Clay?

Will the Bills ever sign Charles Clay?  

294 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Bills ever sign Charles Clay?

• Yes
    • No
    • They will actually sign Clay Charles and he's a baller
    • Perhaps. I need to ask Pat Moran.
  2. 2. When will they sign him?

• 5 days from today
    • 5 days from tomorrow
    • When he is a FA again in 2019
    • NEVER. Big Sammy will start at TE and we will like it.
    • 5 days from "soon"

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much will Omar whine when Clay signs the Bills offer sheet? He will whine about the weather and how the Dolphins didn't want him anyways. It is really weird to have a beat reporter that is a super fan. Typically, they are a little more objective but not Omar. He is the kind of guy that asks for autographs at the press conference.

How much will Omar whine when Clay signs the Bills offer sheet? He will whine about the weather and how the Dolphins didn't want him anyways. It is really weird to have a beat reporter that is a super fan. Typically, they are a little more objective but not Omar. He is the kind of guy that asks for autographs at the press conference.

Or, as is/was the case with Graham, a super anti-Fan.

He's more columnist (i.e., Sully) than beat reporter. The fact we're talking about him means he's done his job...

He's more columnist (i.e., Sully) than beat reporter. The fact we're talking about him means he's done his job...

Maybe so, I follow him on Twitter and it is such an odd follow. Usually the guys that cover teams try to be a little more objective but he flat out cheers. He trolls other fan bases and just some weird stuff.

This really seems to be dragging. What other options at TE are there? I am stating to think that letting Chandler go so early was unwise.

If the Bills were worried they would have gave Clay the offer sheet to sign. They haven't yet. It's a calculated risk by the Bills and Clay and his agent. Letting go of Chandler had nothing to do with Clay

For all we know Clay could have come in and underwhelmed the Bills last week -- and he may not even be in their plans anymore. The only comment I have heard from OBD regarding Clay is what Whaley said last Thursday: basically that the Transition Tag presents extra complications and the team was trying to decide whether to present Clay with an offer or not. Honestly, when I heard that, I was under the impression at the time that the Bills had decided to move on.

I think the speculation ran wild when Chandler was cut -- but the events may be unrelated. The coaches may have simply felt that Chandler was a poor fit and/or not worth his 2015 salary.

I don't think the Dolphins want Clay taking up $7 million on their salary cap. I think this is Whaley's belief as well. In my opinion, Whaley is betting that the Dolphins will remove the transition tag leaving Clay unrestricted.

Bring out the mattress. I do not think this one is getting resolved anytime soon.

Both teams are trying to win and Clay is trying to win too. Throw the agent in and rules from the league...good luck. You need a decoder ring!!

Hope he signs, i trust our F.O. and owners to do the right thing.

For all we know Clay could have come in and underwhelmed the Bills last week -- and he may not even be in their plans anymore. The only comment I have heard from OBD regarding Clay is what Whaley said last Thursday: basically that the Transition Tag presents extra complications and the team was trying to decide whether to present Clay with an offer or not. Honestly, when I heard that, I was under the impression at the time that the Bills had decided to move on.

I think the speculation ran wild when Chandler was cut -- but the events may be unrelated. The coaches may have simply felt that Chandler was a poor fit and/or not worth his 2015 salary.

He stayed for three days. That is ridiculously long. He was also flown back on private jet by Pegula. There is no chance we are not all over him. The delay is the dolphins wanting to screw with us because we screwed with them. Nothing more nothing less

What's funny is how there was so m uch less interest in the signing of our possible starting QB(s). No need to panic, people. If it happens, great. If not, we'll fill the spot either in the draft or another signing. Either way, we're gonna be a damn tough team to handle this year.

He stayed for three days. That is ridiculously long. He was also flown back on private jet by Pegula. There is no chance we are not all over him. The delay is the dolphins wanting to screw with us because we screwed with them. Nothing more nothing less

I think the small town stuff is a great sign as well.

Edited by SmokinES3