Israeli Elections

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't do too well in the last elections either, and look how that worked out. One of the weirdest coalitions I've ever seen, which probably contributed to it falling apart.

Know very little about Israeli politics but if the left there are like the left here and want: open borders, higher taxes, higher spending and entitlements, reduced military spending and use of the military, empathy for their enemies and a marxist for a leader then yes, Netanyahu is probably in trouble.

Know very little about Israeli politics but if the left there are like the left here and want: open borders, higher taxes, higher spending and entitlements, reduced military spending and use of the military, empathy for their enemies and a marxist for a leader then yes, Netanyahu is probably in trouble.

Nope at all. Read Haaretz to get a good idea of the Israeli left.

I read an article that said Murray loved him or something, so who knows.

I would think the Sharks would want to sign him but at the same time I sense they are going to be retooling to some degree. Especially if they don't make the playoffs. If that happens who knows what happens. One guy who might become available is Thornton.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/joe-thornton-says-sharks-gm-needs-to--shut-his-mouth-200953697.html

Gees, he hasn't even lost yet and he's whining already

http://www.haaretz.com/news/israel-election-2015/1.646800

With only three days to go before the Knesset election, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu accused the opposition Zionist Union of running an illegitimate election campaign in a Facebook post on Friday.

"Left-wing and media elements in Israel and abroad have conspired to bring [Zionist Union leaders Isaac Herzog and Tzipi Livni] to power illegitimately, by means of slander at home and unprecedented money from abroad," Netanyahu wrote.

An unfortunate outcome that will put any potential resolution to the Palestinian issue back for years. The one good thing is the growing strength of the Israeli Arab voting block. Like Latinos in the US, they are increasing at a faster rate than right wing Israelis, and will eventually be able to use their political strength to force a compromise on the Palestinian issue.