So far, treading water in FA and trade aquisitions

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that it's very early in free agency, but some of the enthusiasm seems to have faded.

So far, we're maybe breaking even when comparing last year's team to this years; specifically,

- Cassell for Orton - maybe a slight plus

McCoy for Kiko - maybe a slight plus - I don't buy the argument that our defense was great last year without him... it's still an elite young talent going out the door - one which would've made our defense even better

Incognito for Searcy - wash

Kept Hughes - we're supposed to keep our own good players - wash

adding Felton - I suppose a plus

If we address TE (Clay) and upgrade guard and add a good linebacker, we could probably say we're better than last year from and overall talent perspective. However, none of these have happened yet.

Right now, about the same as last year, with no first rounder...

From last year they've added McCoy, Felton, Incognito, Cassell

They've lost Orton and presumably Spiller.

Kiko did not play last year.

You already admitted you don't think Orton > Cassell and surely you don't think Spiller > McCoy.

So you basically made no sense whatsoever.

What do they teach kids in school these days???

Edited by BobChalmers

Wait, what?! They didn't mention in the introductory pressers that McCoy was going to be moved to LB or that Incognito was being moved to S. DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

When assessing the team right now, let's look at the ownership. With all due respect to Ralph, may he rest in peace. He was slipping. Would he have shelled out all this bonus money for restructuring? This is a key in being able to retain and add top flight talent.

From the roster to the coaching staff up to ownership, the team is light years ahead of last season.

And it only gets better going forward. They aren't going to stop trying to improve this team.

Can't wait for training camp.

McCoy>CJ

Cassel>Orton

Rex>Maroon

Roman>canthackett

Kiko non factor last year

We're way ahead of last year

^This plus --

Incognito > Every 2014 guard

Kept Hughes - Excellent

Extended Kyle - Excellent

Williams and Searcy - Wash

Still to come?

Would like to keep Easley

Sign Clay (would be huge upgrade)

Sign Harvin (Clearly a talent but also a head case - can only be positive)

McCoy>CJ

Cassel>Orton

Rex>Maroon

Roman>canthackett

Kiko non factor last year

We're way ahead of last year

I agree with all this except Cassel is basically Orton. Seriously, they're like the same limited guy who is best served as a backup.

But we are better in every other way.

^This plus --

Incognito > Every 2014 guard

Kept Hughes - Excellent

Extended Kyle - Excellent

Williams and Searcy - Wash

Still to come?

Would like to keep Easley

Sign Clay (would be huge upgrade)

Sign Harvin (Clearly a talent but also a head case - can only be positive)

Incognito was a barely above average G when he last played almost 2 years ago. Let's just wait to say he is better.

Here's the biggest plus for the new year and the new regime (with all due respect to St. Ralph).

The Bills are relevant and being taken seriously on the national level!!

They have a different (i.e. aggressive) approach to making the team better. Unfortunately there isn't much available out there to immediately upgrade the QB position.

I love what they are doing.

Here's the biggest plus for the new year and the new regime (with all due respect to St. Ralph).

The Bills are relevant and being taken seriously on the national level!!

They have a different (i.e. aggressive) approach to making the team better. Unfortunately there isn't much available out there to immediately upgrade the QB position.

I love what they are doing.

No offense, I hate when people get worried about the national media. When the Bills start out good, they always get plenty of love.

All this offseason stuff doesn't mean crap. Every sportcaster can say the Bills are going to the SB. It doesn't matter. Just win bros.

I agree with all this except Cassel is basically Orton. Seriously, they're like the same limited guy who is best served as a backup.

But we are better in every other way.

Incognito was a barely above average G when he last played almost 2 years ago. Let's just wait to say he is better.

And Richie is likely still better than all of them. :-)

OP - put down the beer. You're drunk. You were fine saying Cassel for Orton was a slight gain. Could be a slight loss too, but I would essentially call it a wash. They're pretty much identical journeymen with comparable production over their careers. McCoy and Alonso are not interchangeable. McCoy is the best running back to suit up for this team since Thurman Thomas. His comparable is not Alonso, but CJ Spiller. He's head and shoulders/MILES better than anything Spiller has done. As for Alonso, he had one good year in 2013 and didn't play a down last season. Maybe it's just me, but I think that the Bills defense could be even better than the Bruce Smith era defenses given the changes to rules on contact, etc. Alonso may have made no measurable difference over what Preston Brown was able to contribute. We'll never know, but that's the right comparison. Incognito is without a doubt an upgrade over what we had at his position last year. Would you really say that Urbik and/or Pears were better? His comparable is not a guy filling in at safety in Searcy. Duke Williams may not be quite as good as Searcy, but Searcy didn't have earth shattering production anyway. In terms of Felton, Adrian Peterson ran for almost 2,100 yards running behind him. You "suppose" a plus? I honestly hope that you WERE drunk. This offseason has been insanely good. Anything they do from here would just be gravy.

Edited by Luxy312