[closed]Bills interested in TE Charles Clay--update: F5 and stuff

YoloinOhio

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True. But how many teams count on their third TE?

i didnt mean it as any major commentary on the bills roster. ive just seen a lot of posts the last couple weeks/months pointing towards expecting gray to fill a larger role. Ranging from the subtle "do we really need a guy with that skill set now that we have gray" on up to the less common "i think we already have our new TE1"

if im whaley, im hoping to roll in to the season with an additional someone that compliments chandler, and if gray steps up, awesome problem to have.

Edited by NoSaint

With the RB's in the draft being what they are, deep and quality abound, we can wait until later to go with RB. OL, TE, heck even QB.

Go BPA with the first two or three.

I agree. There is quality depth at every position. (another reason I'm liking the Watkins trade even more by the day). I'm thinking the BPA in round 2 will be a RB. (Duke Johnson, etc.). OL prob in Rd. 3. QB could be interesting in Rd. 2 if Petty and Hundely are still around.

Cameron worries me as being the top TE target for our, or any franchise. He had one good season. That's it. Injury after injury. If we're going to take a TE who came out of nowhere and produced I would rather it be the one of the two who plays for our division rival. :pirate:

That season he started out as a relative unknown and was gangbusters the first 4 games of the year. After that:

Cameron's "breakout" 2013 final 11 games (only played 15 games) - 50 catches, 557 yards, 2 tds

Chandler's 2013 final 12 games (played all 16) - 39 catches, 500 yards, 1 td

Obviously Chandler out produced Cameron last year.

Pass. I get crushed every day in my office when I tell my co-workers that I don't find her attractive at all.

But Charles Clay, I'm in on as a better option at TE.

you really need to see an eye doctor. I mean, she might not be in your top 10 of celebrities, but to not find her attractive at all! Either you need an eye exam, or you are qualified to referee the next Pats** game w/ your eyesight :w00t:

That season he started out as a relative unknown and was gangbusters the first 4 games of the year. After that:

Cameron's "breakout" 2013 final 11 games (only played 15 games) - 50 catches, 557 yards, 2 tds

Chandler's 2013 final 12 games (played all 16) - 39 catches, 500 yards, 1 td

Obviously Chandler out produced Cameron last year.

Cameron worries me as well. I'd be much more comfortable with Clay.

I actually think Cameron is a very good TE, injury concerns aside. He can block like a T can catch and run like a WR. He has also played with crap QBs which makes him more impressive. I really like him as a player. He would fit in great here IMO. However I think he has his sights set on signing with a west coast team with an established QB and of that is the case the Bills would need to significantly overpay for him. Not a good idea with the concussion issues IMO.

I actually think Cameron is a very good TE, injury concerns aside. He can block like a T can catch and run like a WR. He has also played with crap QBs which makes him more impressive. I really like him as a player. He would fit in great here IMO. However I think he has his sights set on signing with a west coast team with an established QB and of that is the case the Bills would need to significantly overpay for him. Not a good idea with the concussion issues IMO.

Won't Seattle be the only team that fits that criteria? Unless the 49ers let Davis walk.

He is at $9m. I think that this should give some perspective: http://overthecap.com/position/tight-end/. I feel like with the rising cap he will fall in that 2nd tier financially. He will command less than Julius for sure and probably Cameron.

I didn't realize we had Chris Manhertz on the team. Maybe things aren't as dire as I thought.... ;)

What a great football player name. Maybe we should draft Ono Icantfeelmylegs....

Gragg seems to be developing, and has shown some flashes, but still looks weak. This is his year to really show up, or fade away.

Heck, even a Denver if they want a top TE (rumor they offered JT 8m last year?)

Sure considering JT is likely gone. Could see this as well as GB - not where he wants to be geographically but he could sign a 2 year deal, get his numbers way up with that offense and be in position for a mega deal after that especially if he can stay healthy.

Good luck to them unless they are banking on him taking a hometown discount. From

That link:

"Whats unclear is if Buffalo is trying to raise Clays price. Clay is expected to earn in the $4 million per year range. If interest from other teams leak, its possible it could raise his asking price."

Miami has cap issues. He will test FA if they offer him that unless he is hell bent on staying. He can make more.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I guess they better do it soon... Saying you want to re-sign someone won't make it actually happen. Edited by Beef Jerky