[closed]Bills interested in TE Charles Clay--update: F5 and stuff

YoloinOhio

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see him as a chain mover and red zone target who probably hasn't reached his full potential yet. If his injuries from 2014 aren't lingering he would be an athletic offensive weapon that would help us, likely wouldn't be as pricey as a Cameron or Thomas. If they can get a guy like this in FA it allows greater draft flexibility as well.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I see him as a chain mover and red zone target who probably hasn't reached his full potential yet. If his injuries from 2014 aren't lingering he would be an athletic offensive weapon that would help us, likely wouldn't be as pricey as a Cameron or Thomas. If they can get a guy like this in FA it allows greater draft flexibility as well.

Agreed. If they get a proven TE in FA it would not surprise me to see the Bills draft BPA namely DL with the 50th pick. Draft an RB in third round. The Bills need depth at DT behind Williams, who's 32, and Dareus. Also they could use a DE. I think the Bills will sign OG/OT and a QB in FA.

Clay and chandler would be a nice combo. Big upgrade from a lee smith.

I like Clay but don't think he is a true TE which is what the Bills need. He is also injured a lot which concerns me as well.

He would be in the Delanie Walker role. I've always liked Clay. Very underrated in my opinion.

I really like Maxx Williams and Nick O'Leary but a TE combo of Clay/ Chandler could be very good.

I think we will definitely pick up one of the top TE's and G's in free agency. Then I see us using our top two picks on a big WR and a RB.

Clay and Lupati plus Jaelen Strong and David Johnson?

Along the lines of what I am thinking too. Funchess makes some sense as well and there are a bunch of good backs.