Saints shopping TE Jimmy Graham - Update: Traded to Seattle

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Less than people here think. He is a great player but has taken a lot of abuse; he is a step or 2 slower. Last year was his worst year in a while. He is still much better than what we have but I would rather Clay and the pick.

starting center and a first? not terrible. ill agree with kirby that he is a very talented player, but hes taken A LOT of hits and might be in the shockey with the saints phase of his career as opposed to the electric young playmaker. he looked slower, at times hesitant to take hits/block.... dont get me wrong, still a VERY good player, but he didnt look the same the last year and a half or so.

Why is it a bad deal for the Hawks? They instantly got their #1 wr and a top 2 player at his position. They will probably pick like 30th or lower.

starting center and a first? not terrible. ill agree with kirby that he is a very talented player, but hes taken A LOT of hits and might be in the shockey with the saints phase of his career as opposed to the electric young playmaker. he looked slower, at times hesitant to take hits/block.... dont get me wrong, still a VERY good player, but he didnt look the same the last year and a half or so.

I trust Seattle. Brees wasn't the same player either.

A better deal for New Orleans than Seattle

I think it's good because NO has to blow it up and start over and this is a solid return for one of their stars.

But it's also fantastic for Seattle. They will be deep in the hunt again in '15.

To the people who think he had little left in the tank....

Are you kidding me? What TE on our roster has you so spoiled that you wouldn't take Jimmy !@#$ing Graham. This would have been an absolute coo for us.

3 Mil more than what we will pry offer Clay? Yeah, no brainer. Even if we gave up our 2nd this year and then some. He's a number 1 receiver for one of the best offenses in the NFL.

Some people...

To the people who think he had little left in the tank....

Are you kidding me? What TE on our roster has you so spoiled that you wouldn't take Jimmy !@#$ing Graham. This would have been an absolute coo for us.

3 Mil more than what we will pry offer Clay? Yeah, no brainer. Even if we gave up our 2nd this year and then some. He's a number 1 receiver for one of the best offenses in the NFL.

Some people...

ironically, its the two people that live in new orleans and have seen every snap in his career - many in person - that are saying he might be taking a step back from the unbelievable elite status that he had, and closer to very very good right now.

ironically, its the two people that live in new orleans and have seen every snap in his career - many in person - that are saying he might be taking a step back from the unbelievable elite status that he had, and closer to very very good right now.

Which is the 2nd best TE and best receiver on Seattle.

Which is the 2nd best TE and best receiver on Seattle.

yup - not saying hes bad or anything. essentially replacing harvin for seattle.

should be interesting in the locker room. i hear jimmy still has hard feelings over the saints not calling him a WR. i wonder how he feels about the seahawks players ripping him for being soft.

i was surprised as he clears no cap space this year(might be more than a cap issue here in the saints organization), but does free up cash... and cap down the line.

Edited by NoSaint

yup - not saying hes bad or anything. essentially replacing harvin for seattle.

should be interesting in the locker room. i hear jimmy still has hard feelings over the saints not calling him a WR. i wonder how he feels about the seahawks players ripping him for being soft.

I just saw a tweet that Earl Thomas was beyind thrilled with getting Graham.

He is the best weapon Wilson has ever had to throw too. Seattle will give him PEDs and he will be a monster for them.