GIVE FRED THE PROPER SEND OFF

fridge

Look, just sign the damn thing. I hate these dumb petitions as much as the next guy, but let's get a ton of signatures and show Freddy some support here.

http://www.welovefred.com

stiff-heart.gif

I like Fred too. I also want to put the best possible team on the field. Not convinced we would be doing that by keeping Fred. He has lots of heart, but his body has been breaking down the past couple of years. It may be the right time to move on.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who doesn't love Fred!? I hope that if he's cut he somehow finds a way back to Buffalo to be part of the community and maybe even the team. But watchin him at the end of the year was brutal.

THIS.

The featured .gif was from the 1st game of the season. By the 15th game all he had going for him was his shiftiness and vision. There was nothing in his legs.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

THIS.

The featured .gif was from the 1st game of the season. By the 15th game all he had going for him was his shiftiness and vision. There was nothing in his legs.

I was genuinely worried for him when he got the ball. He looked so much slower than the defense and I constantly felt he was barely escaping getting destroyed.

Is it going to change the FO's mind? Doubt it, but it will show our love and devotion to our players. We are part of the team. We can't say good bye to fred in person. We can show him how much he means to us. If he doesn't mean that much to you, don't sign it. No reason to bash it. He's my favorite all time bill. I prefer him to be on this team as I think it will be playoff bound and he would be a nice piece to that playoff run.

If we cut him, I'm sure we'll see him 2 times a year in NE, nyj or Miami.

Is it going to change the FO's mind? Doubt it, but it will show our love and devotion to our players. We are part of the team. We can't say good bye to fred in person. We can show him how much he means to us. If he doesn't mean that much to you, don't sign it. No reason to bash it. He's my favorite all time bill. I prefer him to be on this team as I think it will be playoff bound and he would be a nice piece to that playoff run.

If we cut him, I'm sure we'll see him 2 times a year in NE, nyj or Miami.

Miami couldn't afford even Fred's salary after signing Suh

Fred has the strongest willpower on the team. He's an incredible locker room presence. Cut his workload down and he will be an incredible third down back that will get you that first down or TD that nobody else can.

Have him take a paycut, cut his workload, whatever it takes. He's got at least another year left in him. It would be a big mistake to let him go right before a serious playoff run season.

Miami couldn't afford even Fred's salary after signing Suh

Miami is going to sign a couple more players that will make more than fred if he's cut. if he's cut, I'd say he signs for 1-2 mill elsewhere.

Fred has the strongest willpower on the team. He's an incredible locker room presence. Cut his workload down and he will be an incredible third down back that will get you that first down or TD that nobody else can.

Have him take a paycut, cut his workload, whatever it takes. He's got at least another year left in him. It would be a big mistake to let him go right before a serious playoff run season.

My thought. i think he'd take a paycut to stay.

I would love to keep him for 3rd downs and in case the injury bug hits the RB spot, see if he will cut his pay in half. Anything to let Fred be part of this year. We didn't re-sign Gay so there is an extra spot we didn't have last year.

Maybe all guys who are so broken hearted over FJ should watch this little snip regarding loyalty and the NFL. As the caption says, sentimentality can kill a franchise. Get over it. FJ was so good and so instrumental to our success that he has led our team to exactly 0 playoff appearances. Sure, I like FJ, but sometimes you have to move on.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12443627&ex_cid=espnapi_public

well said. The Steelers let "fan favorites" leave all the time. Most recent this year being a future HOF safety. Fred is a great guy, a solid team player, but with the RB roster they are rumored to be putting together we would have 5 RB's if Fred stays and we have Powell. That realistically puts Fred at #5.

Uggh. Just goes to show how emotionally damaged Bills fans are.

By taking 30 seconds to show support for a player? It doesn't take that much investment.

I better not be getting a ton of spam now!!

FYI, Fred is the conservative's RB candidate. Powell is the candidate of the liberals.

Not signing that stupid thing

its a business and Fred's best days are behind him

love what he did time to move the hell on

An undrafted Division 3 RB who had a 10+ year professional football career. I think Fred got all he could get and more out of his football career. Walk away healthy and happy if it comes to that. Trent freakin Richardson won't do a third of what Fred did.