GIVE FRED THE PROPER SEND OFF

fridge

I signed it not because I think it will change anything or because I think it would be a good business decision to keep him. I signed it simply to show my love and respect for Fred Jackson.

well said..

plus, that clip sums up why we love the guy..

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Thurman Thomas can get cut then sign with the Dolphins for a season come back to Buffalo and be as loved as he is now I am more than sure Fred could do the same....When its over its over...

I'd like to take my name off of that petition. I'm all for giving Fred a fair shot. Let him come to camp and compete with the other guys and let the best man win. But I don't want the coach saying they have to keep him no matter what. That's silly and Fred wouldn't want any free handouts. Bring them all to camp and let the best man win.

Signing - or not signing - the petition isn't going to change the decisions made at OBD.

But signing does tell Freddy and the other players that we love the Bills and are loyal to those who are loyal to us.

That's a good message. I signed.

Absolutely. This isn't about trying to force the front office to making a decision so much as it is showing our players how invested the fan base is, and how much we respect players that deserve it.

• 5 months later...

Not that it matters, but that's what I wrote. Thank you Fred for everything you did.

I often don't try and put myself in a position to judge the management of the team. I am not an NFL coach, a general manager, or owner of a team. I am merely a fan. A fan who makes it up to the Ralph as often as my wallet will allow me to. A fan who makes sure I'm free during all game times to be able to sit down and enjoy watching the Bills take the field every Sunday dressed in their patriotic red, white, and blue. I have endured years of losing. Years of watching a substandard Bills team take the field. Years of mocking and verbal abuse from friends because no matter what, I wear my Bills gear with pride. This is my team. This team is who I stand up for, who I lose sleep over, and who I stand in feet of snow to watch. In my years of watching the Bills, I've seen a lot of players come and ago. There are some you're glad are gone and some you hate to see leave. Fred leads that second category. He has stood as a leader of men and a professional who left it all on the field during every play. He was the blue collar workhorse for a team that represents a blue collar city. For the first time in a long time, I'm not excited about the start of the season like I should be. I think this is the most talented Bills team I've seen since the Superbowl years. For Fred to not be a part of this is like a slap in the face to a man who has been nothing but great to the city of Buffalo and its fans. Fred was so incredible, he was "infredible". I only hope that Fred Jackson ends up getting the proper recognition from the Bills and is honored for all he has done for the city of Buffalo.

If LM, BD, KW, and if they keep BB, get hurt, if Fred is not picked up this week, he'll be back. It's an absolute no brainer and his contract won't be guaranteed so they resign him for the minimum, and only have to worry about an injury settlement if he gets hurt again.

I doubt he's not signed in the next week by someone who is RB hungry. Cleveland comes to mind, Dallas, Indy. None of them have a great running game. Even NE.

He's so easy as a plug and play in most NFL offenses. I'd take him over ray rice as no character PR issues.

Not that it matters, but that's what I wrote. Thank you Fred for everything you did.

I often don't try and put myself in a position to judge the management of the team. I am not an NFL coach, a general manager, or owner of a team. I am merely a fan. A fan who makes it up to the Ralph as often as my wallet will allow me to. A fan who makes sure I'm free during all game times to be able to sit down and enjoy watching the Bills take the field every Sunday dressed in their patriotic red, white, and blue. I have endured years of losing. Years of watching a substandard Bills team take the field. Years of mocking and verbal abuse from friends because no matter what, I wear my Bills gear with pride. This is my team. This team is who I stand up for, who I lose sleep over, and who I stand in feet of snow to watch. In my years of watching the Bills, I've seen a lot of players come and ago. There are some you're glad are gone and some you hate to see leave. Fred leads that second category. He has stood as a leader of men and a professional who left it all on the field during every play. He was the blue collar workhorse for a team that represents a blue collar city. For the first time in a long time, I'm not excited about the start of the season like I should be. I think this is the most talented Bills team I've seen since the Superbowl years. For Fred to not be a part of this is like a slap in the face to a man who has been nothing but great to the city of Buffalo and its fans. Fred was so incredible, he was "infredible". I only hope that Fred Jackson ends up getting the proper recognition from the Bills and is honored for all he has done for the city of Buffalo.

Wow. I could not have said it better if I tried. You captured how a lot of fans feel .Good job!