Fitz to Jets - trade complete

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see Fitz as our Matt Cassel or Kyle Orton. Veteran backup who is ready to go in just in case. I still think the Jets will somehow either get Mariotta or have a trade with the Eagles to get Bradford plus picks

That's exactly what those guys should be. Good backups/ spot starters. Expecting anything more is silly. You are better going with a young guy because there is a cap on how far those veteran guys can take you.

It's why I hated the Orton thing and it looks even worse now that Marrone and Orton are both gone.

That's exactly what those guys should be. Good backups/ spot starters. Expecting anything more is silly. You are better going with a young guy because there is a cap on how far those veteran guys can take you.

It's why I hated the Orton thing and it looks even worse now that Marrone and Orton are both gone.

Yes but the problem is that EJ has shown nothing to indicate that he will ever be a top tier QB, and has shown signs of why he will not.

Now, I happily concede that he was not used properly. He imo needs to be a running qb but he didn't look so good in this area either.

I predict that EJ will not win the starting job. It would be great if he did win it and went on to produce, but I just am not seeing it. But fear not, I thought that Rob Johnson was going to be a star because I was mesmerized by his talent. :oops::D

Yes but the problem is that EJ has shown nothing to indicate that he will ever be a top tier QB, and has shown signs of why he will not.

Now, I happily concede that he was not used properly. He imo needs to be a running qb but he didn't look so good in this area either.

I predict that EJ will not win the starting job. It would be great if he did win it and went on to produce, but I just am not seeing it. But fear not, I thought that Rob Johnson was going to be a star because I was mesmerized by his talent. :oops::D

It's fair though I think he has had more moments than you (Pats game, 2nd Jets game, Panthers). You love Mallett and I've never seen anything special about him. IT's ok to have different opinions.

Fans and media love to call out busts after 1 or 2 years. I'm more patient and realize it's a process, especially at the QB position. But he certainly needs to earn it.

I will say if it is close between Cassel and Manuel, they should give it to EJ. Cassel is who he is at this point.

And it's not like I've won a bet with you before. (cough, signature, cough). :)

Edited by C.Biscuit97

Actually pretty worried about this. Would have much rather faced Geno. Say what you want about Fitz, the dude is a gamer.

Until late in the game when he finds a way to choke the game away.

Actually pretty worried about this. Would have much rather faced Geno. Say what you want about Fitz, the dude is a gamer.

Please look this up in your urban dictionary.

Fitz is a lot of things but he is not a gamer.

Great guy, good Vet to have around with starting experience. He is absolutely not a gamer. For every win vs NE he has three terrible loses at the end. Like the Titans game from later that year.