Fitz to Jets - trade complete

Texans re-signed mallett and signing Hoyer tomorrow. Fitz odd man out

@MMehtaNYDN: After the QB dominos fall in Houston (Hoyer & Mallett to Texans), I'm told the Jets will pursue Ryan Fitzpatrick #nyj http://t.co/HKhyViY6do

@SportsCenter: THIS JUST IN: Texans trade QB Ryan Fitzpatrick to Jets for late-round conditional draft pick. (via @AdamSchefter) http://t.co/zAi2mZYlKP

getting the band back together :lol:

We should have signed Hoyer and Murray and not waste picks and players.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to be in the minority here but while I like these three guys, none of them scare me if I'm Rex. None are elite.

Brandon Marshall can be though.

and don't forget they have Eric Decker too.

The Bills should be moving to the top of the East, except, of course, for their QB woes. Fitz is still better than Cassell, so we better hope EJ somehow has undergone some sort of evolution to become a quality NFL starter. Not likely, but if the Bills are depending on Cassell, I don't see more than 9 wins.

The Bills should be moving to the top of the East, except, of course, for their QB woes. Fitz is still better than Cassell, so we better hope EJ somehow has undergone some sort of evolution to become a quality NFL starter. Not likely, but if the Bills are depending on Cassell, I don't see more than 9 wins.

This team gets 10 wins with a paper bag at QB.

Man the AFC East has been on crack these last few days. It's going to be tough going next season. Fitz is an instant upgrade over Geno and the Jets added some other key pieces too.

We arguably still have the worst starting QB in the division which is a concern.

This team gets 10 wins with a paper bag at QB.

LOL! Hopefully.

Oh OK, I gotcha. That makes sense. I went and watched that video a few months back. It's funny how it got swept under the rug, it's still incredibly creepy.

To say nothing of that personal he placed on a swingers site essentially putting his wife up for grabs by any guy with " a big one".......

It's a shame that EJ Manuel isn't simply thought of as a project QB that we hope will pay off big time down the road. Fitzpatrick was in the league 6 years before he was expected to be "the man" in Cincy. Cassell was in the league 4 years before being expected to be "the man" in New England. Both players showed that with a long period of sitting and watching they were able to perform at a level that showed promise and that they belonged in the league.

Manuel never had that long period of learning before he was expected to be "the man". I'm a Manuel supporter and I honestly won't be upset if he doesn't win the job because I think that even more time on the bench may be in his best interest. This is a new offense with new terminology and it will probably take him a year to get comfortable in it IMO. Another year (or a good portion of this season) on the bench should help him by watching another veteran QB's leadership style and it would also help him being older and more mature before he's expected to take on that roll.

I hope Manuel plays lights out right away, but I suspect that won't be the case and it seems like Cassell will be a great transition QB to either EJ or the next QB we hope will be the long term answer.

It's a shame that EJ Manuel isn't simply thought of as a project QB that we hope will pay off big time down the road. Fitzpatrick was in the league 6 years before he was expected to be "the man" in Cincy. Cassell was in the league 4 years before being expected to be "the man" in New England. Both players showed that with a long period of sitting and watching they were able to perform at a level that showed promise and that they belonged in the league.

Manuel never had that long period of learning before he was expected to be "the man". I'm a Manuel supporter and I honestly won't be upset if he doesn't win the job because I think that even more time on the bench may be in his best interest. This is a new offense with new terminology and it will probably take him a year to get comfortable in it IMO. Another year (or a good portion of this season) on the bench should help him by watching another veteran QB's leadership style and it would also help him being older and more mature before he's expected to take on that roll.

I hope Manuel plays lights out right away, but I suspect that won't be the case and it seems like Cassell will be a great transition QB to either EJ or the next QB we hope will be the long term answer.

Neither of those guys were first round picks. With that salary and asset invested in you, expectations are higher.

Nickell Robey and Stephon Gilmore have wildly different expectations. That's the business.

Neither of those guys were first round picks. With that salary and asset invested in you, expectations are higher.

Nickell Robey and Stephon Gilmore have wildly different expectations. That's the business.

Yet, Gilmore was called a bust by some idiots on his board. Some even thought Robey should play over him. Smart football people now consider him one of the best young cbs in the game.

But hey, it's so cool to call a young player a bust first.

I whole heartily agree to EJ sitting and watching.

Yet, Gilmore was called a bust by some idiots on his board. Some even thought Robey should play over him. Smart football people now consider him one of the best young cbs in the game.

But hey, it's so cool to call a young player a bust first.

Who cares?

There is no learning curve in professional sports that is harder than the learning curve to become an established NFL starting QB. EJ Manuel was a 2nd/3rd round developmental QB who was over drafted. So if everyone agrees to this notion, which I'm sure there's almost 100% consent on, then the expectations should indeed change. Why force a developmental/project QB to play just because he was over drafted? That doesn't seem like smart business to me. Yes they made a mistake in over drafting him, but why compound it? If he's ready great, if he doesn't win then it's great that he'll have the opportunity to learn from another seasoned NFL veteran.

The Bills have a 1st round selected player that they just gave a huge multi million dollar contract to, who was declared a bust with the Colts, yet turned he turned it around to become one of the best at his positions in the league for the Bills. The learning curve for his position is light years easier than the QB position.