Fred Jackson cut??(UPDATE: Pegula says Hell To The No)

Fred is a team first guy, has payed his dues no doubt. But he simply can not stay healthy. I would love to see him stay with the team on a restructured Contract. But at his cap hit Boobie could be that change of pace back on the cheap. I think they would be better served to give both Fred, and Brown the axe and pick up a stud RB in the 3rd round.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm calling my shot. Fred won't get cut in TC or anytime this season. He will suit up for the Bills after proving once again that he is the best back on the team. He won't start over McCoy due to the money, but Brown, Boobie, or Powell will be gone after Fred thoroughly outperforms them in TC and preseason. He'll be the clear #2. All the naysayers will once again be proven wrong. It's just what Fred does. He's far from finished. Someday the naysayers will be right. But since they've been wrong for the last 5 years, I'm going with the winner. I'm going with Fred Jackson.

or the fact McCoy is the better player

Personally, I think it's time to cut ties with Fred Jackson too. He's 34 and I noticed his speed has dropped off from what it use to be. Love the man -the player but I think it's time to say thanks for everything Fred.

JMHO

Everyone loves Fred until the 34 year old RB gets hurt again. :cry:

Edited by Frez

Personally, I think it's time to cut ties with Fred Jackson too. He's 34 and I noticed his speed has dropped off from what it use to be. Love the man -the player but I think it's time to say thanks for everything Fred.

JMHO

Everyone loves Fred until the 34 year old RB gets hurt again. :cry:

watch-out.

Fred is a team first guy, has payed his dues no doubt. But he simply can not stay healthy. I would love to see him stay with the team on a restructured Contract. But at his cap hit Boobie could be that change of pace back on the cheap. I think they would be better served to give both Fred, and Brown the axe and pick up a stud RB in the 3rd round.

Ugh. So we have an abundance at the position right now and you want to cut two to draft one. Oyy. :doh:

Maybe. I've seen Freddy outplay both Lynch and Spiller. I think he raises his game with McCoy here, and surprises yet again.

I like Jackson but anyone in the league would choose McCoy and Lynch over him as their RB.

Edited by nucci

It could work, McCoy outside run or receive, Boobie down the middle, Fred pass protection/receiver. Brown still worries me with fumbles.

It's not going to be like last year where there was a different RB almost every down. Barring injury McCoy is the main back.

Ugh...heard from a source he has been informed he is being released...Said it will happen by Tuesday.

Hate...hate...hate this move...

with mccoy in town, he is essentially cut as he will not see much of the field

I would hate it.....but at the same time I would understand it

roster is limited, cuts have to be made. winning trumps loyalty in the NFL. need fast healthy talented backs until we can find a QB

Or you could be crazy.

But it just might be a lunatic we're lookin' for

I think Leroi is associated somehow with Whaley or someone who had insight into the pro player analysis. And you know even though I don't agree with everything he says or his view on Fred, I value his input and do not think he is "trolling".

I don't think Leroi is trolling and I do understand the strength of the analytics case for cutting Fred. But he's definitely a guy who wants to have it both ways - wants to be seen as an insider with valuable inside gouge while leaving himself that "in my opinion" out. Either you're sharing inside info, or you're sharing your opinion.

Either or, not both.

You could be right, but, you could just as easily be wrong.

Or you could be crazy.

he just may be the lunatic your looking for

But it just might be a lunatic we're lookin' for

I don't think Leroi is trolling and I do understand the strength of the analytics case for cutting Fred. But he's definitely a guy who wants to have it both ways - wants to be seen as an insider with valuable inside gouge while leaving himself that "in my opinion" out. Either you're sharing inside info, or you're sharing your opinion.

Either or, not both.

missed by that much!!!