Jerry Hughes signs 5-year deal with Bills

Or because the cap is an issue.

It's an 'issue' because it's something every team has to deal with. Not because a bunch of old ladies need something to piss and moan about. Thinking they know more about the cap situation then the team does.

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or because the cap is an issue.

Its an issue? We still have space! Meanwhile, Miami, who had no space, is printing off the biggest defensive contract ever, and the Saints are overspending more than the federal government.

We've just given up on you people. Go cry yourselves to sleep every night worrying about the cap if you want.

I shed no tears Mr. Overstatement. All I have said from the get go is that the cap is not irrelevant to how we build this team this year and what's coming next year. Why is that so offensive to you?

Its an issue? We still have space! Meanwhile, Miami, who had no space, is printing off the biggest defensive contract ever, and the Saints are overspending more than the federal government.

Looking ahead to Dareus and Gilmore, etc, yes, it's not irrelevant as some make it seem.

Why isn't Demarcus Ware a Cowboy?

We've just given up on you people. Go cry yourselves to sleep every night worrying about the cap if you want.

I shed no tears Mr. Overstatement. All I have said from the get go is that the cap is not irrelevant to how we build this team this year and what's coming next year. Why is that so offensive to you?

Because you're forcing him to reconcile a fantasy that gives him comfort with the cold reality that threatens it.

Why isn't Demarcus Ware a Cowboy?

Because you're forcing him to reconcile a fantasy that gives him comfort with the cold reality that threatens it.

Because he was aging, dealing with injuries, had a 16m cap hit and was playing a new position in a new scheme?

I think I made a pretty good argument for "poor value" too which is related but a second cousin.

You made a decent argument but one that I believe is wrong based on the things Jerry said and the situation overall. Jerry's not hurting for cash, he likes his toys, and Ware was still one of his best players. Plus, they were in cap hell and all the talk was about how could they possibly fit him under the cap. He was a cap casualty if there ever was one.

Edited by Rob's House

We as fans have no idea what the team is planning for now and in the future. Some fans, maybe not you, seem to think they either know more, or are more concerned about the cap implications of the contract signed then the team is.

We addressed 3 areas of need in RB, QB and OG and still have $20M or so available in cap space and we haven't had to release anyone yet.

I think we all understand that the cap is an 'issue' in the fact that it exists. It just seems to me, and I'm not alone here, that it's a exercise in wasted space to write about worries regarding the cap each time we sign someone, implying that the team may not be aware of what they are getting into.

We as fans have no idea what the team is planning for now and in the future. Some fans, maybe not you, seem to think they either know more, or are more concerned about the cap implications of the contract signed then the team is.

We addressed 3 areas of need in RB, QB and OG and still have $20M or so available in cap space and we haven't had to release anyone yet.

I think we all understand that the cap is an 'issue' in the fact that it exists. It just seems to me, and I'm not alone here, that it's a exercise in wasted space to write about worries regarding the cap each time we sign someone, implying that the team may not be aware of what they are getting into.

Well said.

I think it's more the other way around - People think the team should pay whatever it takes to retain or sign a player and when outbid they complain that they didn't "get it done" as though cap concerns are imaginary and as though this year's cap hit is the only one of any importance.