Jerry Hughes signs 5-year deal with Bills

Agreed. That's a very good sign. I think there is a 90% chance we sign him. It looks good from a lot of aspects. But that 10% still lingers.

So I guess it's ok if he's at a dinner with Rex and other coaches even though FAs aren't supposed to be wined and dined until tuesday? I wonder who told Peter king he was there.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hughes would be really dumb to not take that offer. Easily a million too much for a situational player.

Hughes is a starter

Or because the cap is an issue.

Explain....The Bills are nowhere near the cap ceiling....there is also a cap floor they have to spend to........

Get Hughes back and get him on a similar deal to McCoy where you guarantee a large amount up front but keep the cap hit manageable the first couple of years until Kyle is likely gone and Mario's hit has started to dip (I think this year and next are Mario's really big cap hit years).

So I guess it's ok if he's at a dinner with Rex and other coaches even though FAs aren't supposed to be wined and dined until tuesday? I wonder who told Peter king he was there.

He's still Bills property until Tuesday at 4pm. They can talk terms with him all they want and aren't violating the spirit of this legal tampering period