Restructuring Bonanza and other magic number games

I see the Bills calling Mario and getting a restructure. I see that saving a significant amount of cap cash. I also see LeSean coming out of his funk and restructuring, as he has no guaranteed funds for 2016. The Bills have promised to make him happy.

I see a few cuts and restructures ahead for some other guys as well. Have you seen the cap hits? We know Urbik has to go. Eric Wood needs to convince them that he's back. Leodis may not make it, and he's got a 4.9 cap hit.

It seems to me that Mario loves playing for the Bills, and he will want to help.

Dareus has an 8 million dollar cap hit this year. If they extend him, maybe they get some immediate relief.

In other words, today's cap space does not necessarily mean anything. I believe the Pegulas are going to spend as much as they possibly can to make this team great again.

And as NoSaint pointed out in other threads, there are plenty of ways to have small cap numbers in the first year for big money deals. $15 million or whatever the number is now before any renegotiating, is enough to sign a G, TE, Hughes/Revis and probably a few more.

Lmo

Restructure Bonanza? How, exactly? Does Hoss become a cross dresser? Hop Sing a Yakuza crime boss? I shudder to think of what becomes of Little Joe's character.

GO BILLS!!!

Restructure Bonanza? How, exactly? Does Hoss become a cross dresser? Hop Sing a Yakuza crime boss? I shudder to think of what becomes of Little Joe's character.

GO BILLS!!!

Does Adam get to stay? May be too old.

Plus cap went up $10M this and probably same or more next year.....There should be no one worrying about the salary cap even though there are numerous threads on it

yup 10m this year and rumors as high as $160m next year (over a 15m jump). even if it doesnt get there, id expect a very large bump

And as NoSaint pointed out in other threads, there are plenty of ways to have small cap numbers in the first year for big money deals. $15 million or whatever the number is now before any renegotiating, is enough to sign a G, TE, Hughes/Revis and probably a few more.

Lmo

yup - we have some folks genuinely worried about getting under the cap, when realistically we are 20m under (as i think we shed a few guys based on performance, not pay, still)

There is some fat that could be cut on this roster (Urbik and Williams would save about 5 million) and re-doing McCoy's deal could save 2-3 million on the cap as well. I actually think they won't redo Mario's deal since his cap hit goes down a lot in the coming years of the deal if they redo it they might have very costly cap hits next year and the year after.

I don't see Williams on this roster in 2015 and Urbik might be a training camp casualty if CK plays to his 2nd round level.

If Revis signs with Bills, Leodis gets traded. He had the best year of his career and it saves us $5 mil.

Please clarify that you are talking about Mario Williams. Not on the 2015 roster?

I don't see Williams on this roster in 2015 and Urbik might be a training camp casualty if CK plays to his 2nd round level.

If Revis signs with Bills, Leodis gets traded. He had the best year of his career and it saves us $5 mil.

I think we know which Williams (Chris) you're referring to but there are several of them on this team.

GO BILLS!!!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't all those guys dead? I remember Dan Blocker died and still did an interview for Playdead Magazine (in the National Lampoon).